Guess i am supposed to introduce myself

Hello. I used to live in ND. But moved back to my home state of MN. I am a hunter,reloader,caster. I have aspirations of shooting long range but don’t have the eyes for it anymore. So my reloading setup kind of leans between old school cast lead and new school powdercoating. And I also seem to like trying to load for long range precision even though i don’t shoot long range precision. Be that as it may at least my hunting loads are accurate!

10 Likes

lol, yep, I hear ya!

Any pretty colors?

Welcome!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum from central Maine!

7 Likes

Just some basic colors. Reds green, couple of blues, orange

7 Likes

Thanks Briank. First and only time i ever seen a road killed moose was in Maine ! I am sure that ruined somebodys day.

9 Likes

Yeah, that would not be a fun time in an automobile for sure.

The problem with Moose is all the weight is up top, and they’re as black as zips ass at night. One night I saw one up ahead on the road I live on. I couldn’t understand what I was seeing, but as it turned out it was the legs getting in the way of what I could see aways off in the head lights. I slowed down and sure enough there was this moose body up top and the legs down below. If I had hit it no question about it, I’d have had 1500# of moose in my lap and trying to get back on it’s feet. Not something a human survives without help from a guardian angel. Moose scare the crap out of me when on the road. I like them otherwise.

A bunch of years back I went snowshoeing in the forest with the 150# rottweiler. Got a ways in and there was a cow and calf yarded up due to the 4’ of snow we’d had over the course of the winter. We looked at it and they looked at us. I love seeing Moose as long as they aren’t bulls in the rut. That can get extremely dangerous real fast.

9 Likes

Howdy Nodakjohns and

9 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

9 Likes

Welcome!

9 Likes

Welcome!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

8 Likes

Welcome from KY

7 Likes

@Nodakjohns welcome to full30.

8 Likes

welcome from near Raleigh NC. What area of MN? I did college in St. Paul

7 Likes

I live up by Detroit Lakes Mn.

7 Likes

Welcome, from the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina.

7 Likes