Gun Belt Suggestion

Not sure if this is where I should post this so feel free to move it.

A Suggestion for a Gun Belt.
I clicked on one of our ads and it took me to relentless-tactical.com and the Gun Belt section.
Nice Items BTW!!!
But this actually was a point of conversation today.
How about a gun belt that doesn’t use the buckle and prong design?
Something that uses an adjustable size buckle like the military belt pull it where you want it to be or the ratcheting buckles you see around.
Seems the buckle and prong design always needs a hole somewhere between the holes on it.
And as with us old folks we expand and contract all the time.
:grin:

6 Likes

Now I know where one of the 7 came from :yum:

3 Likes

I click on anything that interests me.
Support the Forum!!!

5 Likes

If you don’t mind adjustable nylon belts, these are my favorite:

4 Likes

I like the 511 tactical belts, not too big not too small.

4 Likes

didn’t work so I tuned it up

2 Likes

I’ve got a few , SOG & 5:11. SOG is good, i like THE 5:11 better though. 5:11 is reinforced much more, carries heavier weapons & gear much better in my opinion. Both are 1.75’ wide

3 Likes

I would like to find a nice leather belt that has the steel cord interior but with the infinite adjustment option.
I think that would be just the ticket!!!

4 Likes

That description sounds more like you’re tire shopping while at an S&M session…

3 Likes

Well sort of.
The steel belt keeps it from twisting and sagging under the weight.
There are some belts out there like that but all are the prong and buckle design.

3 Likes

DAMNMIT! Thou shalt not derail thy threads🙊 I musta fell off the wagon…

2 Likes

5:11 are reinforced & eliminate twisting & sag but don’t come in leather I don’t believe

2 Likes

I looked at that after you mentioned it.
I like Leather and I is Old School.
Problem is I get fat, then thin back and too like a yoyo.
That and my Carry isnt Light.
I Like Steel!!!
:wink:

3 Likes

I like the 5.11 belts with the stainless buckles carry a full size 1911 with no sag or roll in the belt . And if you are somewhere you can’t carry you have a good weapon just wrap it around your hand and swing away.

5 Likes

Darn it. Not sure what happened. Try this for the Uncle Mike’s Instructor belt:

I got one in black. It’s very easy to adjust. The metal buckle is a bit heavy, though, but I suppose you could always use it as a weapon Pooty Tang style if need be. The whole belt is extra heavy duty. Excellent price for what you get in my opinion if you don’t mind heavy duty nylon belts.

3 Likes

And here’s a different link for the 2-ply 1.5” Klik belt:

https://www.klikbelts.com/collections/1-5-2-ply-tactical-belts

I got a 1.5” coyote tan and a black 1.75”. The Klik buckle is awesome and real easy to adjust. I used the 1.75” one as a battle belt for last year’s 10K biathlon and thoroughly abused it submerging it in mud and dragging and scraping it across 10-15 yards through a muddy steel culvert. Months later I finally cleaned the muddy grit off the aluminum buckle by spraying it liberally with WD40 and CLP, and it still works smooth as silk!

Leather belts are nice for sure, but these heavy duty nylon belts are now my favorites with their ability to adjust and cinch down specifically to your waist measurements.

5 Likes

Hole punch and drill made my Bigfoot belt fit perfect.
Made more holes.

3 Likes

Some nice belts here.
They are reinforced, but don’t think with steel.
You can choose stitch patterns, color, and buckle color

http://www.meangeneleather.com/product-category/belts

https://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-reinforced-victory-aegis-belt/

Oh, Kore belts look nice. The buckle resembles a traditional buckle in looks only, but there are no holes. It’s reinforced, but I don’t believe for real heavy firearms.

5 Likes

Sam Andrews makes really nice belts and will make them custom for you

3 Likes

If you want a serious rig I recommend

http://www.kbarjleather.com/coonan.htm

they made this rig for me,

very well constructed

5 Likes