Gun Clubs on Campus

I’m less than useless in this area. I’m just impressed you hold together a gun club on a college campus. Damn admirable! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Surprisingly we don’t get much backlash if not any just being there. But if we do tabling events or present ourselves on campus people will try and debate us or more like call names and yell.

1 Like

@nick32 what about checking with your local gun ranges they might be able to give you some ideas or feedback if they’re not able to help directly themselves.

3 Likes

Does anyone think CCI or Freedom munitions would help us out being pretty close to them in idaho. Do they do that kind of think for groups like mine?

1 Like

@SAK. Curious if you have a marketing background? You seem to have some good ideas here.

@nick32. If you can’t afford to raffle off a firearm yet try a gift card or certificate to a local gun store. And not just for new members. Maybe new members get one free ticket. Also maybe certificates / discounts for training at local ranges. You might also be able to have a local gun store / range mention your club to new gun purchasers if you provide a flyer of some sort. (Not talking big sporting goods store)
That, and have your members bring friends to the BBQ. As you can see from the other posts here, guns and fire meat go well together.

3 Likes

Great idea! We have a good local gun shop just 15 minutes from campus. He helps us out a bit. We had Cabela’s as a sponsor years ago. Need to look into them again.

1 Like

@mquinn55,
No…

2 Likes

And that’s why my career as a psychic failed so miserably.

1 Like

Keep your club members interested, they will bring friends. Get relationships with local gun stores. Look for knowledgeable shooters to talk to your club about all the aspects of shooting. Provide hands on introductions
to different weapons.

2 Likes

@nick32, how’s the growth of the gun club coming along, anything new to report? did you host an event? did you pick up any sponsors???

1 Like

Since it’s the summer all officers are gone and pretty much all members have left for the summer we won’t be doing anything just yet. Thanks for checking in! All the ideas seen in the thread will be discussed in our first meeting of the school year

3 Likes

What is the skill level of your participants?
And, probably more important, those you are trying to attract to your program?
If you are intending to attract new folks without previous shooting experience, you might consider having an introduction day with airsoft.
It will greatly help those who are new to guns overcome their fears, knowing they aren’t going to put anyone at risk, including themselves.

3 Likes

Hey @Sonny , how many fingers am I holding up? :fu:

1 Like

Type @sonny Bring me my gun for more help

1 Like