Gun Ranges and Steel Ammo

I have done some engineering on suppression systems for dust explosions in a some chemical plants.Dust explosions can be very bad and results are much like fuel air explosions.

6 Likes

Back in the mid-80’s we only had a very few NVD’s in our unit and they were not very good , and when we would go on maneuvers I would quietly creep around the perimeter and if I caught anyone dozing in a foxhole a bit I would very quietly take out a MRE coffee creamer packet that I had already shook up and opened , but had just folded over , and my trusty ZIPPO.

I would raise my left hand up high and start to very gently shake out the creamer , when I felt it falling in a mist around my right hand I would turn my head and close my eyes , and then flick the Zippo to life and … WHOOSH !!!

One very BIG FIREBALL would erupt and then you would hear the screaming an shouting . BWHahahahahahhaaa

I would laugh my ass off and then chastise the soldiers for letting me get so close without them seeing me. “YOUR ALL DEAD !!!”

My CO thought it was funny every time I did it , a lesson learned , especially since we only had blanks. Otherwise I wouldn’t have done it all those times. :rofl:

4 Likes

^This, though it is mostly rifle FMJ. They’ll allow pistol cartridges in FMJ. It’s frustrating since FMJ is much cheaper.

3 Likes

Is it possible that ranges ban all things magnetic because they fear someone MIGHT be using AP (steel core) ammo??

3 Likes

Next the idiots will want to ban guns from the range so that the bullets will have a “Safe Space” at the range.

JUST CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES LIKE BIG BOYS DO !
Freaking morons , Safety First and then some COMMON SENSE !!!

6 Likes

What kind of bigoted hate speech is that?:rofl:

4 Likes

I’m a Throwback … enough said. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes