Gun smithing projects at the shop thread. πŸ˜πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘β˜£

Keeping the patina is critical when working on these rifles, especially when cleaning up so much rust. One was extremely rusted…

4 Likes

I think you will discover why 7.62 Nato Mags topped out at 30 - they need to be curved beyound that for feeding.

1 Like

Oh yes… customer is hoping he can get 30 and have it β€œreliable”
I was thinking about a curved mag like from a FAL chopping the top and welding the B59 top to it. Customer has to come up with the mags though… I am not cutting up mine! Hahahhaha

0 Likes

Real history here. The Johnson Automatics M-1941 in .30-06 was at one point a contender for the M-1 Garand. This specimen has some repaired stock work, but the metal is in very nice shape. The bore is near perfect. This was a real pleasure to have this rifle come into the shop.

Oh how I love my job

13 Likes

This was a fun little project.

6 Likes

I try to tell people quite often… do NOT skimp on your scope mounts! Know what mount is designed for what scope and what caliber. This is a .338 Lapua and that tiny Nightforce ring set was not doing the job. Barrett to the rescue!

4 Likes

Totally jealous!

4 Likes

I am very blessed to be able to work on some very interesting projects. :grin::us:

4 Likes

Yeah you get to work on some good stuff
I’m gonna apply there ahahahhahahha

2 Likes

Wait till you see the next one I am working on… hahhahhahaa

1 Like

I want to get paid to play with Johnson’s…

Wait. That did not come out right at all. :rofl:

3 Likes

So I get to play with this one… oh yeah… anyone know what it is? Hahhahaha

4 Likes

Chinese type 63?

1 Like

Nope… hahhahaa

1 Like

I will help, it is chambered in 7.62x45

0 Likes

Google to the rescue! Model 52. Never heard of it before, or the catridge. Nice.

3 Likes

Yeah this is a cool gun. It would be better in 7.62x39 but still… hhahhaha

2 Likes

This Beretta 92S is in the shop for some interesting mods. First off, Cerakote. The finish is trashed… so, Cerakote to the rescue.
Second… I converted it to a G model. Now as far as I can tell… this maybe the first 92S to ever be converted to an G model.
I will have photos of it fully assembled tomorrow. It is in the oven as I write.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

2 Likes

Yeah that one needs some work. look forward to the finished product.

2 Likes