Gun talk no politics

@ABTC_inc Would the Taurus Judge not be considered a firearm that fires different calibers? Or is the .410 not considered a caliber?

3 Likes

@RedAngel absolutely, I’m thinking for along the lines of striker fired hand gun

3 Likes

@RedAngel Huh…You too!

2 Likes

I don’t have the years of experience as everyone else here has. I did shoot as a kid though.

This is either me or my sister. We can’t tell as we look the same. Brother in background. We would go up into the mountains in California and shoot.

6 Likes

@RedAngel, you and I are in the same boat…great picture though…

2 Likes

So when did you first start shooting?

2 Likes

How about you @GhostTactical, @switchpod, @Robert, @srdiver, @Equin,…what was your first gun and any pictures?

4 Likes

I was 22…late start, but I came to the states in 94…was very anti gun at that point, eventually came to the bright side :wink:

6 Likes

My granddad would take us shooting when we went to California for the summers.
At home, we didn’t have any guns in the house (in Texas). Or at least, I didn’t think we had any guns in the house until my mother pulled a gun on my father and threatened to shoot him when she caught him cheating. :joy:

But really, I wasn’t raised around firearms. I did love watching granddad in the summers though do his reloading. I would sit up on a barstool in his gun room and watch quietly. And just gaze at how shiny and new all his rifles were. He took excellent care of them.

5 Likes

Why were you anti gun? Was it something you were conditioned to be or a bad experience (if I may ask)?

Well, looks we are both late bloomers, but better late than never.

4 Likes

Gun talk

What’s your criteria for choosing a hand gun a rifle and a shotgun

5 Likes

England is mostly anti gun…the police didn’t carry them either…honestly, the first time I saw one was when I went on vacation to the Mediterranean, the MP had them at the airport…suppose I wasn’t exposed to them much…kinda of a stigma in England, except for hunting…which wasn’t much hunting going on in the city lol

4 Likes

If your referring to the handgun with multiple calibers, then I was implying a striker fired hand gun. I know as @RedAngel mentioned the governor is a hand gun shoots multiple calibers but that’s a revolver…would be interesting for a striker fired handgun to shoot 9mm, 10mm, and such…without changing the barrel!

3 Likes

I still own my first personally purchased firearm.
It was a

Its the AK on the left there.
I bought it for 100 dollars brand new. I was in the army and wanted an AK after seeing them in action.
Its been upgrade 100 times since then but its still the same basic rifle.

8 Likes

@Sarge4206th that’s awesome, how old were you? …man $100, wow that is cheep…

3 Likes

23 I think, back in those days you could gobble up an AK pretty cheap.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is an open question, but I’m going to answer.

For all three, it has to fit me. It has to fit my hand correctly, not too small, not to heavy. Rifle stock has to have the correct LOP for me so that I’m not stretching or standing funny just to hold it.
I have to feel that I can control it when I shoot it and it’s not controlling me.
Depending on my use for the firearm, it has to hold adequate ammo. (I wish my current EDC had more than 10 rounds)
Recoil.
Accuracy has to be fairly good from the beginning.
It should hold up to abuse and not have to be babied.

Of course, yall could be talking about something completely different and I’m just here talking to myself. :smile:

6 Likes

Hey @SAK Another silly question here. What are the different rounds you have laying there on the holster? Every other one is different.

5 Likes

@Sarge4206th…I can’t imagine how much they will increase in the next 20 years!!

4 Likes

Beautiful revolver but no, I’m taking about a striker fired hand gun…eg Glock, mP 2.0 that can shoot 9mm, 10mm…etc

4 Likes