Gun works better than broom. Go figure.

Good example of why if you’re gonna have a gun for home defense it should be readily accessible. Brooms won’t cut it.

5 Likes

Just one thing wrong with story, the creep is still alive.

6 Likes

So the homeowners here missed with six shots or were they only trying to scare him? All my brooms have cheap handles and I’ve managed to bend them all just sweeping. Can’t see using it as a weapon.
I can’t remember where it was but I think a school, possibly HS or a university said they were gonna give the students hockey pucks to fend off active shooter.
I guess they want all the students to stand up and be a more exposed target so that they can more accurately throw their pucks at the guy. I don’t know why this story reminded me of that.

6 Likes

I’m assuming here that the gun was a revolver, hence the 6 shots. I know he got hit but I don’t know how many times. I think that’s a combo of stress and likely a lack of training.
Either way it worked.
If the lib shits get their way it it could have ended much differently.

5 Likes

The other day I was talking to my boyfriend who is even newer than I am to firearms. I was testing him to see if he knew exactly where my firearms were. I gave him a hypothetical situation of us being on the back porch and someone ran up in the dark and came in, what firearm is closest to him and if he couldn’t get to that and had to run in the house, which firearm would he go for?
Well, he failed miserably.
But I’m glad I did that because I found out in this conversation that the shotgun he bought and put in our bedroom was not even loaded. :open_mouth:
I could not believe that thing has been sitting there for over a month as a protection weapon and he didn’t load it after he shot it last. I had a few choice words to say as I couldn’t refrain from my anger and surprise. Needless to say, it was loaded immediately.

I did however tell my boyfriend that if anything goes down in our house with an intruder, his job is to stay the hell down and call the police. He makes me a little nervous watching him with a gun because I can tell it’s uncomfortable for him.

10 Likes

I remember taking a course (like 35 years ago) and the instructor was a well known serving Police Officer for a large eastern force. He was a competitive combat shooter (think long before 3 gun or Run and Gun), who was top of his class at the time. He recounted that one time he came face to face with a armed perp (his words) and was between 3 and five feet away. He draw, fired all six cylinders and missed every shot, the bad guy had tried to shoot but his gun jammed. If a highly trained “professional” can miss so can a broom sweeper.
If you look at modern day police shooting - exactly how many rounds expended versus target hit is immense.

8 Likes

You need to get the boyfriend out for some real training. A two day class somewhere. At a minimum he won’t be so uncomfortable around guns.
And yes an unloaded gun is just a rock or stick.

8 Likes

@RedAngel when she found out her boyfriend didn’t load the shotgun.

7 Likes

That’s exactly it ^^^^

5 Likes

^ This.

6 Likes

Oakland University in Michigan, announced that they were providing students with hockey pucks, to throw at school shooters.

A school district in Pennsylvania, announced that they were putting a 5 gallon bucket of rocks in each classroom, so that students could throw rocks at a school shooter.

The scary part of that, is that the people who made those decisions, are supposedly “educated”.

8 Likes

I’m working on that. I did whip up a frame so that we can hang targets and shoot in the back yard. I’ll have to give him one of my guns though.
He bought a handgun, against my advice, for himself and now a month later, finally admits he hates it. Same with the shotgun he bought. I saw him shoot it and knew it was the wrong gun for him, but he wouldn’t listen. I think the last time he has fired a gun, till recently, was when he was 17 years old.
I think maybe next time he goes to the gun store with me he MAY finally listen to what I have to say. I hope so.

5 Likes

Wow!
Are they limiting them to 10 rocks each?

6 Likes

@RedAngel

They probably have outlawed high capacity rock buckets there, hence the max capacity of 10 rocks.

5 Likes

yah. I noticed it was only a 5 gallon bucket for each class. If there’s 30 students per class and only one bucket, 10 rocks per student, then those would have to be mighty small caliber rocks. And they probably won’t allow the kids to be on full auto throw. So with only one kid throwing one small rock at a time, I don’t see this as a very good plan.

4 Likes

I think they are going to have to take those kids down to the rock throwing range and give them some practice. You’re only as strong as your weakest link.

Or one brave soul can grab the whole bucket, use it as a shield as he approaches the shooter and then swing the bucket full of rocks at the shooter.
But at least it beats the one hockey puck.

4 Likes

Hahaha! Yeah that’s it. That’s the ticket. Do a bucket dump on the shooter. :crazy_face:

3 Likes