Gunsafe smithin'

Hello all.

Been a while.
Hope everyone is doing well.

I recently got a new safe from Dean’s Safe.

It was “rated” as a 50 long gun safe. It is not by a long shot. Not for C&R guns anyway. The most i could fit into it was 24 without scraping and denting everything.

So i decided to change it up a bit. Made it fit 35 long guns. It is not as pretty as before, and i don’t have a fancy stitched edging strip. But…

Before…

After…

P.S. Do you think this warrants a video?
Thank you all in advance.

P.P.S. the left row is for ones with optics.

10 Likes

Looks good so far.
They almost never hold as many guns as they advertise.

10 Likes

Yup. I read somewhere that it is usually half the stated capacity. And some peopke say Browning is the most accurate with capacity.

10 Likes

I think 2/3 rds have to be handguns .

10 Likes

Yes, even if just to get you back into them, once you made it then you have to decide if its what you want to publish or not :grin:

Looks like a nice safe, and whatever method they use to measure safe space its never reflective of the guns we own is it :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Nice job @Mosinvirus! Is it waterproof? Asking for a friend…

10 Likes

My handle broke on mine, welded a Hurst T handle in its place.

10 Likes

That original set up is called the easy out design. Never holds much even close to what they claim. Just because it has a barrel slot they count it. I like what you did. Looks great. I also like the set up in this pic. 14 on one side of a 30" wide safe.

10 Likes

Lmbo that cracked me plum up :rofl:

8 Likes

Yes, I am both a visual learner and tactile learner so go for it .

9 Likes

I still need to work out the pistol situation. Will probably buy or make hangers. The door uses Molle loops, so it is super configurable, which is good. Just need to see how to sort it all out.

9 Likes

I say go for the video @Mosinvirus, and the safe looks very nice. :+1:

7 Likes
8 Likes

Great tutorial! But it won’t play on this web site.

8 Likes

I be ashamed to show what mine looks like inside. lol

10 Likes

Fixed it

9 Likes

Nothing to be ashamed of, i am sure.

9 Likes

lol, yeah it’s a nightmare.

10 Likes

Got a possible solution for ya @Belt-Fed :thinking:

Those are hold-up displays, each holds 6, that is 2 side x side. Very solid and sturdy.

Or

Send some of your nightmare my way and I’ll hold on to it for ya :wink:

10 Likes

Looks good but would not work for me.

10 Likes