H.R. 1296 Revised Assault Weapons Ban

People
The modified Assault Weapons Ban is on a roll.
This was a failure before and will be again. This time they want to tax the legal owner of any firearm that has a detachable magazine. The NRA argues such a policy would turn the Second Amendment into a privilege and would give the federal government a defacto means to block gun sales, pointing to the fact that in some circumstances the check may be in a limbo between a delay and timing out as NICS checks are only good for a 30 calendar day window. “This would turn all firearms sales from dealers into something akin to may-issue licensing,” the group said. “Prospective gun buyers who are not prohibited from owning firearms by law could be denied by bureaucratic dictate through the form of an indefinite delay.” I agree with the NRA 100% on this. This is Gun Registration, Taxing legal citizens into oblivion, and will ZERO effect on crime as did in the past. Do the supporters of this bill think we are that stupid as to not stand up and oppose this blatant attempt at taking our Constitutionally given right and turn it into a privilege!! Why do we have a Constitution if not to protect our rights?

Write your Congressman ASAP and oppose this BS or face the consequences of sitting on our laurels.

13 Likes

Here’s some additional info on the assault weapons ban, plus a few other laws being considered.

10 Likes

Wow! Unbelievably atrocious title. I thought maybe the article was exaggerating, but here it is on Congress.gov:

The title’s wording is a sharp, contradictory slap in the face to the wording of the 2nd Amendment: “…right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

What the heck happened to the Democratic party?

8 Likes

To all of our full30 members. It is very simple. Just call 202-224-3121 is a switchboard that will connect you to your representatives so you can verbally oppose this H.R.1296. It only takes 1 minute of your life. Do it please.

10 Likes

They’ve been hijacked by communist liberals

7 Likes

Specifically, the legislation prohibits the sale, transfer, production, and importation of:

Semi-automatic rifles and pistols with a military-style feature that can accept a detachable magazine;
Semi-automatic rifles with a fixed magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds;
Semi-automatic shotguns with a military-style feature;
Any ammunition feeding device that can hold more than 10 rounds;
And 205 specifically-named and listed firearms.

I cant seem to find the bills full text and it isn’t on Congress.gov because of the shutdown delays.
Dems are counting on this BTW.
Keep us in the dark and feed us Bull Shit is the plan.
If you find the full Bill then please post up a link.
This will get through the House so contact your Senators as well.

4 Likes

Well I still cannot find a text for this POS.
It is bad enough they want all semi auto rifles declared NFA weapons (That’s machine guns for the new crowd) and tax the hell out of them.
And class your 10/22 as a NFA weapon as well.
But it also adds a 10 Day Wait period for rifles apparently.
I wrote my representative but also my senator to oppose this crap.
I am 98% sure it will get through the democrap house so the Senate is where the fight will be held.
Also against the Frankstein ban as well.
Fight or Lose.

6 Likes