H.Res. 544 Recognizing Islam as one of the great religions of the world.

That’s funny I don’t see any mention of Mass murder, Terrorism, Suppression of human rights, or any other mention of the Atrocities that have occurred over the centuries.

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (08/30/2019)

116th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. RES. 544

Recognizing Islam as one of the great religions of the world.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
August 30, 2019

Mr. Green of Texas (for himself, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Ms. Tlaib, and Ms. Omar) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs
RESOLUTION

Recognizing Islam as one of the great religions of the world.

Whereas the word “Islam” means “submission to the will of God” and “peace”;

Whereas the primary scripture of Islam is the Quran;

Whereas Muslims consider the Quran in its original Arabic to be the book of divine guidance;

Whereas, although its roots go back further, scholars typically date the revelation of Islam to the seventh century;

Whereas Islam is the second largest religion in the world after Christianity;

Whereas Islam is the fastest growing religion of the world;

Whereas it is estimated that there are approximately 1,800,000,000 Muslims worldwide;

Whereas Islam contains in itself the essential principles of all earlier religions;

Whereas Islam is a strongly monotheistic religion with the worship of one God as its central theme;

Whereas Islam is a complete system of strong moral convictions that promote peace, equality, and social justice;

Whereas Islam encourages service to humanity;

Whereas Islam teaches abstaining from worldly desires in favor of spiritual achievements;

Whereas Islam instills a genuine love of God;

Whereas the fundamental Muslim practices are known as the Five Pillars of Islam;

Whereas the five pillars are shahadah (declaration of faith), salat (daily prayers), zakat (giving of alms), sawm (fasting in Ramadan), and Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca);

Whereas the five daily prayers remove any barriers between believers praying in congregations and helps one refrain from committing sins;

Whereas the obligatory charity purifies a person from selfishness and encourages empathy to the poor;

Whereas fasting in Ramadan promotes self-restraint and spiritual renewal for Muslims worldwide;

Whereas the pilgrimage to Mecca serves as a unifying force in Islam by bringing followers of diverse background together in religious celebration;

Whereas Muslims consider Islam to be a way of life; and

Whereas carrying out these obligations provides the framework of a Muslim’s life, and weaves their everyday activities and their beliefs into a single cloth of religious devotion: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That in order to demonstrate solidarity with and support for members of the community of Islam in the United States and throughout the world, the House of Representatives recognizes the Islamic faith as one of the great religions of the world.

4 Likes

I guess they didn’t read this part of their quran:

2:190 Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors .
2:191 And kill them wherever you find them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you , and fitnah [Persecution] is worse than killing . And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there . But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192 And if they cease, then indeed, God is Forgiving and Merciful .
2:193 Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah [Persecution] and [until] worship is for God. But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Their words not mine.

6 Likes

I’m not Muslim, I’m Catholic. But I asked my sister, who converted to Islam decades ago, about this passage. She said it’s often misunderstood, but that it means that if non-Muslims attack Muslims, they’re allowed to fight back only in defense, but they’re not allowed to start any attack against non-Muslims. If non-Muslims stop the attack, Muslims must stop fighting back, and if they ask for mercy, Muslims must show them mercy.

I admit I haven’t read the Koran, so I’m unable to formulate my own interpretation of that passage, though.

3 Likes

Liberals want all religion out of politics except for this one. They deserve to be the next target of the extremism this religion provides

4 Likes

Look this site over.

3 Likes

when a martyr reaches Paradise, he “will marry 500 companions, 4,000 virgins, and 8,000 divorced women.”15

So, “companions” , uh,k… (don’t ask don’t tell)

8k women who’ve already been left as no good by other men… :laughing::laughing::laughing:

what kind of hell is this?

the other 4k, do they even make headphones that can quiet that many at once?

2 Likes

isn’t this bill contrary to the first amendment?

4 Likes

F all muslims……If a member of my family converted I would tell them straight up they are now the enemy and to never come around me or try to communicate with me…doing so could be hazardous…

4 Likes

@Grenz45
Can you post the link to this, please? I can’t find it.

nevermind. My dyslexia had me typing 455 instead of 544

4 Likes

#GOATSLIVES MATTER!!
FUCK ISLAM!

3 Likes

I certainly respect your opinion, sir. It was somewhat of a shock to us when she converted as a young lady about 30 years ago. We knew nothing about Islam, other than the Islamic terrorists we saw in the news. My parents took it real hard, especially at first.

It was my Grandma’s wisdom who helped us about a year or two after she converted. She said to us, “Can’t you see how happy she is? Why can’t you let her be?” She did seem happier and more at peace with herself.

But we never thought of disowning her or refusing to see or receive her. It’s not like her conversion caused her to go out and kill people or betray us or our country. She’s the same little sister I had who’d never hurt a fly. And she loves America, and also supports our Bill of Rights, especially the 2nd Amendment.

She’s married and has 5 kids, all Muslim including her husband. Her oldest is now saving American lives as a recently graduated doctor working in the ER in Dallas.

3 Likes

I am fine with that, don’t know her or her family, I was speaking in reference to what I would do and I would. If she and her family give money to the mosque they use, then there is a very good chance some of it aided Terrorism. Like the Bible, muslims also quote the koran in a way that benefits them. Her interpretation is what makes her feel better or helps her keep a happy feeling about what the koran says. I have dealt with muslims in the middle east and I know enough to not believe any of them when it comes to being peaceful. I saw the most peaceful muslims as the most dangerous, they smile and praise you and when it gets dark they try to shoot you and set IED’s to blow you the F up…then the next day they smile and wave while you clean up the pieces. I believe a lot of the muslim women were more dangerous than the men. In America they don’t have to set IED’s or shoot at you, they use our education system and then use that money to slowly take over neighborhoods, cities and now Politics…the use our welfare system, we pay them to hate us…they are patient people who learned after 1000’s of years of War how to over come obstacles. The Taliban/ISIS had there people educated here, learned us, the politics etc…They used us and we allowed it…and they won’t stop…

4 Likes

Much respect and thanks to you for your service. Definitely have a different but educational perspective based on an experience many of us lack.

My Uncle Juan fought and survived the Battles of Guadalcanal and Okinawa during WWII, including a few first landings and hand-to-hand combat. He rarely spoke of his experience, but he did speak about how much he hated the Japanese. Decades later in the 70’s my Dad brings home a Toyota Celica. When my Uncle Juan found out he got real pissed! Of course, Japan in the 70’s (and now) is an important ally, especially against China’s rising influence and North Korea’s belligerence.

I hope that one day the enemy Muslim extremists like Al-Qaeda and ISIS will end their hatred towards us and that those Muslim countries from which they came will also be our trading partners and allies. I guess only time will tell, though.

4 Likes

Excellent point. Has Congress introduced, much less passed, similar provisions for Jewish, Christian, Buddhist and other world religions? And if so, were they ever challenged successfully on 1st Amendment grounds?

4 Likes