Handgun Picture Thread

@Chuparosa, plus free ammo, how could you go wrong.

2 Likes

Dude I know! I have been wanting one done up in some Torgue livery. :wink:

2 Likes

10 Likes

New 686 with Altamont grip. Yeah, I know. I hate the keyhole lock too, but it is what it is. Still fun to shoot.

10 Likes

15 Likes

Thought I’d share the 1911 that started my obsession. Visited the wife’s family today and snuck out the 1911 for a glamour shot. Damn, I love this thing. Not bad for a 105 year old girl. I want this thing so bad it kills me.

I temporarily forgot it was an US Army and not a USN, so I think I need to go correct some recent posts either here or on another forum I made where I misidentified it.

18 Likes

7 Likes

Sweet. Like reaching out and touching history.

4 Likes

Nice, was it in any wars?

2 Likes

WWI, unsure about WWII. I don’t know how long their uncle served.

3 Likes

There any chance you could get some pics of the chamber and bore?

1 Like

Have you ever been allowed to fire it? Not sure if your family treats it like an heirloom (that it is) or a shooter. I’d bet it’s still as reliable as ever.

2 Likes

Next time we make it out there I’ll try to get more pics. I do know I’m pretty damn accurate with it so the chamber and bore have to be pretty good.

Let me put it to you this way, I’ve personally fired probably about ~500 rounds through it myself. I learned how to shoot with it. While it’s a shooter it’s also well taken care of. My wife loves shooting it too.

It does rattle a bit! Doesn’t seem to affect accuracy much if at all.

5 Likes

I just found this in a drawer. I carried this back before I retired to carry digital files at work. Got a few questionable looks from some folks. They weren’t sure if they should be worried or not.
Might not be CA legal cuz it’s got a 16GB mag. Might be a 10GB limit here.

8 Likes

Well I went and did something childish today. I went in to a gun store take a look at some CZ clone and RIA 1911 auto loaders and also to see if the place had a Mosin carbine.

Ummm, so, I said fuck it walked out with one of these in .45 LC because I’m such a child and wanna be a cowboy. :cowboy_hat_face: Yea, wheelgun for the win. The wife loved it too–which means I’ll have to get another one if she takes this like she did my AR. Haha! I’m a lucky man.

IMG_6702

I’ll take a picture of it in the usual place when I get home.

13 Likes

Here it is! Sorry the lighting sucks.

12 Likes

Very nice. Who is the manufacturer? Pietta?

Edit: Nevermind. I read the box that is clearly labeled.

3 Likes

I cannot wait to take it to the range. Never shot a .45 LC before. I’m assuming less recoil than .44 mag but more than .357 mag?

I also cannot determine if it’s rated for
+P. The not-so-knowledgible dude at the counter said yes but I don’t think it is.

2 Likes

I do want some smoky powder! :smiley:

3 Likes

@Mister_Torgue how much does that revolver weigh?

2 Likes