Handgun Picture Thread

WWI, unsure about WWII. I don’t know how long their uncle served.

3 Likes

There any chance you could get some pics of the chamber and bore?

1 Like

Have you ever been allowed to fire it? Not sure if your family treats it like an heirloom (that it is) or a shooter. I’d bet it’s still as reliable as ever.

2 Likes

Next time we make it out there I’ll try to get more pics. I do know I’m pretty damn accurate with it so the chamber and bore have to be pretty good.

Let me put it to you this way, I’ve personally fired probably about ~500 rounds through it myself. I learned how to shoot with it. While it’s a shooter it’s also well taken care of. My wife loves shooting it too.

It does rattle a bit! Doesn’t seem to affect accuracy much if at all.

5 Likes

I just found this in a drawer. I carried this back before I retired to carry digital files at work. Got a few questionable looks from some folks. They weren’t sure if they should be worried or not.
Might not be CA legal cuz it’s got a 16GB mag. Might be a 10GB limit here.

8 Likes

Well I went and did something childish today. I went in to a gun store take a look at some CZ clone and RIA 1911 auto loaders and also to see if the place had a Mosin carbine.

Ummm, so, I said fuck it walked out with one of these in .45 LC because I’m such a child and wanna be a cowboy. :cowboy_hat_face: Yea, wheelgun for the win. The wife loved it too–which means I’ll have to get another one if she takes this like she did my AR. Haha! I’m a lucky man.

IMG_6702

I’ll take a picture of it in the usual place when I get home.

13 Likes

Here it is! Sorry the lighting sucks.

12 Likes

Very nice. Who is the manufacturer? Pietta?

Edit: Nevermind. I read the box that is clearly labeled.

3 Likes

I cannot wait to take it to the range. Never shot a .45 LC before. I’m assuming less recoil than .44 mag but more than .357 mag?

I also cannot determine if it’s rated for
+P. The not-so-knowledgible dude at the counter said yes but I don’t think it is.

2 Likes

I do want some smoky powder! :smiley:

3 Likes

@Mister_Torgue how much does that revolver weigh?

2 Likes

Says 35 ounces. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

definitely not +P rated, then

you would need at least another 10 ounces of weight (in most cases), for it to be +P rated in .45 long colt

and please note: not all .45 long colts that are capable of handling +P ammo, have the designation on the barrel. For example: the BFR .45/.410 can easily handle the +P ammo, but (at least on mine), it does not say that. Mine is the 5+ inch barrel and it weighs 60 ounces. You see the big difference between the weight of your SA revolver, Mister_Torgue, and my BFR?

Basically, an easy way to remember it is that if the gun weighs as much as a .44 mag handgun of same size, then it (most likely) can handle the +P. For a handgun the size of yours, it would need to weigh at least 45 ounces (or more), to be +P safe.

2 Likes

think of it this way: .45 long colt +P is roughly the same power as a .44 magnum. Thus, you want the same weight to handle the load. Gotta love all that extra metal (at least for the powerful loads in +P).

2 Likes

Makes sense.

So, what is some smokey powder I could use? :wink:

3 Likes

sorry, don’t know - I only shoot factory ammo and I don’t do reloads.

but best of luck to you on that, Mister_Torgue.

3 Likes

Nice ,is this going to be for CCW?

2 Likes

Nah, just range duty until I can get in to CAS.

1 Like

Try trail boss . I don’t think you could over load it if you try.

1 Like

Cowboy Action Shooting , its actually pretty neat.

1 Like