Handgun Picture Thread

As issued to the armoured corp

Certainly possible. .44 Special was never a military cartridge, but the Russians could have used the older ammo in this pistol. But with the British proofs, I think was meant for the UK. The Brits were desperate for anything that could throw a bullet then. Maybe someone at the S&W Forum can decipher these proofs better than I, who is no expert.

Its beautiful!

That much I can help with :grin:

Brit tankers ? That would be rather cool !

not yours - but this one with the bobbed hammer

Enfield Mk. 2. There was a bit of a scuffle with Webley over this revolver. As in " you wankers stole our design (for the Webley Mk IV)" , which they sorta did. Both handguns are great shooters and very collectable.

Smith & Wesson Perfected

1911’s

Detonics

Oh it’s heaven

Beretta?
What model is that James?

Let’s play guess the pistol. :wink:

Anyone else wanna guess?

Helwan M1951 9mm made in Egypt.
@Mister_Torgue

WINNER!!!

Now how the hell do I find out what year this was made? I’ve been all over the internets and cannot find anything.

Well it could be from anywhere from 1949-1980. In Egypt they are known as the M1951.
I have good search skills?

Sooo, not a wheel gun fan?

I meant the exact year based on my serial number. :slight_smile:

There’s a ton more info I’m trying to locate too. Like will the Beretta M1951 barrel, block and such interchange? I don’t think my block is cracked so that’s good. Gotta locate some original mags. Time for an eBay trip. Haha.

Sorry Brother I’m multitasking again. Good question, and I don’t have the answer.

No worries. I’ll keep looking. :+1: