Handgun Picture Thread

Giantspeed:

the caliber is 9 mm kurz, which is the same as .380 acp.

kurz is German for short.

.380 is 9x17. 9 mm (like you see everywhere) is 9x19.

both .380 acp and 9 mm are .355 inch diameter bullets. Just the 9 mm is more powerful (and taller).

3 Likes

Thank you
I knew this but when I looked at the photo the kurz was in the glare and I didn’t make it out right away

2 Likes

Giantspeed:

Cool. Glad you know this.

1 Like

The infamous smith and Wesson Glock
S&W has to pay Glock $9 for every sale of this pistol
This basically is a stock pisto it l has a polished sear and removed the coil over trigger spring and the pig nose spring
Great gun for a reasonable price

6 Likes

Not my Star but damn son this is one fine looking pistol. Love the bronze color. Makes me want to buy a Star with lots of holster wear and have it cerakoted with some of the parts polished like in the pics. I’m such a sucker for loving this oddball stuff. I mean I have an Egyptian pistol after all. :cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

I’m a wheel gun man and the 5&686 are my all time favorites!

13 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

Beautiful guns, Barryc123.

It appears you share a couple of interests with me: revolvers and lever guns.

I don’t have the 586 (I like it, though, especially with the 3 inch barrel), but I do have the 686+ (7 shot version) and like it a lot.

I have mostly Marlin lever guns, but I like the Winchester lever guns, especially in .44 magnum. Hope to buy it sometime in the (near) future.

2 Likes

@Barryc123:

Here is a picture of my S&W 686+:

12 Likes

Thanks guys, back in the seventies I had a pretty nice collection of revolvers but then the wife decided to have kids, bye bye guns, except the model 94, it was my dads. So now slowly getting a few revolvers back.
I’m really glad I found this forum, seems like nothing but nice, intelligent folks.

4 Likes

Barryc123:

I have rebuilt my gun collection several times over the decades. It took me years to build it up each time. Each time, I learned a lot more.

Hope you (continue to) enjoy rebuilding yours.

4 Likes

My frankenbuild

9 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

92s

12 Likes

Browning Hi-Power

14 Likes

10 Likes

Is that the Hudson h9?

3 Likes

@Giantspeed No. Thats the Silencer Co. Maxim 9. Completely unnecessary, but still a lot of fun.

4 Likes

my newest purchases from psa

7065_1
$299.99 for both pieces

10 Likes

I am a trigger whore, and this Lazy Wolf trigger is SWEET!
I had the Lobos trigger on here last week. And although I liked it a lot, this one just took over its job. Highly recommended!

10 Likes