Handgun Picture Thread

It’s one of the favorites I return to again and again. Just a hunk block brick of German!

9 Likes

Yeah I know, I need to get that sticker off the laser…

9 Likes

Technically they are pistols.

9 Likes

stares in ATF

3 Likes

Here is a picture that I have on hand - my S&W Governor. I liked the fit and finish better than the Judge. Also, one extra bullet doesn’t hurt. It also will shoot .45 ACP with moon clips, but why?

12 Likes

ArmedEyeDoc:

nice gun! I agree though, no reason to shoot .45 acp thru it (unless in desperation).

4 Likes

Is the Governor rated for .45 LC +P? If so those are some NASTY cartridges. I would carry that hand cannon. Haha. :cowboy_hat_face:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2118150011/buffalo-bore-ammunition-45-colt-long-colt-p-300-grain-jacketed-flat-nose

But to you all’s point .45 ACP, meh, what’s the point in that or the Judge? Unless you want better recoil control vs .45 LC +P?

3 Likes

According to Buffalo Bore, no +P ammo in the Governor. :frowning_face:
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=62#2

5 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

I am pretty sure that the Governor is NOT rated for .45 LC +P - would be nice, though.

3 Likes

OMG, the governor.

Can’t have that in CA. NO, NO, NO…

2 Likes

Buffalo Bore has some standard pressure .45 LC that has over 500 ft-lb of energy. That’s not bad. Need to shoot that in my SAA 1873 clone.

2 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

Buffalo Bore produces some great ammo.

Yes, you might just get that much energy out of your saa revolver. Fun!

Out of the Governor, the figure would drop some as the longer cylinder does not make up for the shorter barrel. You might see only 850 fps (still respectable), producing around 400 ft lbs.

2 Likes

Hell of a first, might just want to call it good and now get an STI 2011

8 Likes

Yup, benchmark gift to myself. Looking at a Marauder or a Costa. Grabbed a RIA 22tcm/9 2011 in the meantime. Haven’t shot it yet.

3 Likes

Les Baer

9 Likes

Wilson Combat Customized set

13 Likes

This one is a Concept VII

2 Likes

9 Likes

14 Likes

Good stuff :+1: is your tv ok?

6 Likes