Handgun Picture Thread

Very liberating and calming! There’s nothing worse than looking at your paycheck every week realizing that half or greater has to be put away for the end of the month to pay the never ending credit card debt! Kids are grown, truck is paid for, no mortgage, no effing credit card bill! If I Could Kick this brass lead and steel addiction, I’d be doing great! LOL

11 Likes

I started earlier. Needed to payoff everything (but the mortgage) before the kid is born. Once my lease is up on my Charger I’ll buy it and the payment will be cut in half. Love having student loans and credit card payments GONE!!

And no, don’t kick the brass and steel habit. :slight_smile: Life’s too short to not have fun!

8 Likes

I have to agree there!

6 Likes

Plus lifes to valuable to not want to protect yourself.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Thats a beauty!

2 Likes

I always wanted a Kimber (stemming from 10 years ago but they were slit more experiensive then, I ended up buying a ruger KP90)…Funny story this gun has…
The day I became a citizen, took the oath to stand up and protect this great country with my life…After, My wife and family went out had the most American breakfast I could find, we then went to the gun shop and I bought her (the Kimber custom II), and then went to the gun range!! Had to wait the three days because I didn’t have the Concealed carry license at that time, but we rented a few…

11 Likes

Man, doing my usual scanning through random sites drooling at things that go bang and stumble upon this.

https://www.riflegear.com/p-9753-ruger-blackhawk-10mm40sw-65-ss-convertible.aspx

Good grief this thing is sweet. Anybody own one?

6 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

Yeah, it is nice, and on my shopping list (as well as the Ruger Convertible .45 colt/.45 acp).

That .40 SW/10 mm looks a lot like this:

Which is a fun gun to shoot.

11 Likes

Which one is that you’ve got there? I’ve decided I’m going to piece together my Glock 20 so I don’t have to worry about that stupid bullet tumbling issue. Which means I’ll have free funds to buy something else. My wife has expressed interest in shooting that Ruger 10mm. Plus, I mean, 10mm. @Robert

Also, a revolver will be practical since my wife has a hard time with most auto loaders’ slides too difficult to pull back. Right now she can only operate my Star BM, her dad’s WWI 1911 and her dad’s Glock 26 (?) due to all of these being well worn in. She cannot operate my Canik consistently right now since it is still pretty much brand new which is worrisome. But that’s a topic for another day.

7 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

The revolver in the picture is a Ruger Blackhawk, 6.5 inch barrel, .357 magnum, 6 shot. It weighs 48 ounces, making it heavier than the GP100 6 inch barrel. It truly defines the description of “built like a tank”.

5 Likes

It’s a fine looking wheelgun. How do you feel about the 10mm one I posted? It’s a pretty good price and starts to be in the hand cannon category with it being chambered in 10mm @ 700+ ft.lbs with +P or Double Tap (which run hot apparently?).

5 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

Thanks for the complement on the gun I posted the picture of. I like it a lot.

The one you posted is on my shopping list, so yeah, I like it!

I am not, however, a fan of the GP100 version, since it (last I saw), is limited to a 3 inch barrel (which really cheats the 10 mm out of a lot of power it would have thru a longer barrel).

4 Likes

I’m leaning towards buying it since it’ll be more practical right now than almost anything else for my wife. I feel bad she has limited options to protect herself here. The recoil out of that 10mm Ruger is likely to not be much since it is such a tank. Plus she can always use the .40 SW cylinder if needed. Which a .40 SW is still no joke and has plenty of stopping power itself.

4 Likes

@Mister_Torgue

Actually, the .40 S&W with that barrel length will match a lot of the 10 mm loads (same barrel length). Only the hotter 10 mm loads are the one’s that make the caliber shine in terms of performance.

A 48 ounce handgun is a lot to handle. The recoil is/would not be bad, though it does (by design), push the front of the gun up, causing the grip to slide in the hand a bit (assuming you keep the wood grips on it).

4 Likes

@Mister_Torgue (et al)

Here is a good place to go to find out roughly (or sometimes, exactly), what kind of performance to expect out of various handgun calibers, at given barrel lengths:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/calibers.html

5 Likes

Cobray M-11-9
AKA Room Broom

You think someone would get upset If I concealed Carried this?
Just thinking out-loud…

15 Likes

My actual carry gun.

Browning BDA
Same as Beretta 84 only fully shrouded barrel.
Actually marked Fabrique Nationale - PB made in Italy.

This has been with me a lot of years; and a lot of places.
Need to brush the mud outa the grips…
She been around as have I.
But she actually fared better.
:weary:

13 Likes

@JohnB wow, thanks a lot for the link!!

6 Likes

Good site. According to that site out of a 6” barrel those .40 SW cartridges put out 600-700 ft.lbs but 10mm puts out a couple hundred more or similar dependent on ammo. It’s interesting reading for sure.

.40 SW:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/40sw.png

10mm:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/10mm.png

8 Likes