Handgun Picture Thread

@JohnB wow, thanks a lot for the link!!

7 Likes

Good site. According to that site out of a 6” barrel those .40 SW cartridges put out 600-700 ft.lbs but 10mm puts out a couple hundred more or similar dependent on ammo. It’s interesting reading for sure.

.40 SW:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/40sw.png

10mm:

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/10mm.png

10 Likes

@Chuparosa

Right. And, I am sure you noticed that the more powerful loads of the .40 S&W basically matched the lower power loads of the 10 mm.

8 Likes

I like to carry my 40 Sig P229 Scorpion everywhere with me.
But i do have a Glock G20 10mm that is highly customized and as soon as they come out with a Gen 5, I will pick one up. I perfer the 10mm over the 40

14 Likes

This topic has been quite a pleasure and there is nothing, nothing to feel any disagreement with. It is like topping a rise in the desert and view the oasis, filled with friends I can share many similar interests. And the pictures were quite a topping. Thanks :sunglasses:

8 Likes

What is this supposed to be?

12 Likes

:flushed: Don’t know but I wouldn’t want to in front or behind it.

6 Likes

@Bamajeepjunkie

looks like a flare gun to me, though the ‘bullet’ you show with it does not look like any flare I have ever seen.

So…what is it???

4 Likes

BADASS! That’s what. :+1:

7 Likes

Definitely want one! A friend of mine sent me the pic asking what it was. I’ve seen a similar one years ago and was told it was a grenade launcher. I believe it was made for launching gas and flares.

6 Likes

@Bamajeepjunkie

yep, grenade launcher was my next guess.

4 Likes

I want one!!!

4 Likes

Here’s an Armslist score I got in trade the other night- used but new to me. Feels good to carry the Beretta again. Took her to the range and it just absolutely killed.

The Crimson trace laser grips were in bad shape.

Went to GT Distributors in GA and they sold me brand new grips, a new recoil spring, and two new mag springs for $20. I’m going back to get more mag springs. Looking better!

Edit: Definitely going back when GT opens up in the morning to replace all my mag springs for that kind of deal! Old vs new…

15 Likes

Wife’s new P-10S - this baby is a SHOOTER!

16 Likes

Nazi marked high power. No import marks.

21 Likes

SWWWEEETTTT!!!

6 Likes

Dang!!!

6 Likes

I’d remove the latex and sling some lead :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

.357s

Took a whitetail buck with the Taurus.

S%26W%20686-6

19 Likes

Love revolvers!!!
Old School is sometimes the best school.

8 Likes