Happiness is a warm gun...

I hate writing these things.

Ok…

So, I’ve been shooting for about +/-35 years now. My first gun longarm being a Mossberg 500, and my first handgun being a S&W M65. Right now, I’m back to a 1911 ( a Remington R1) and a Ruger GP100 Match Champion.

Other than that, am looking forward to using this forum to get some good advice for loads for my .357.

12 Likes

Early on, before covid ,we set out to be a community where people knew each other, admittedly it can be a bit of a put off, but we thought it would be more acceptable than asking people to put their elbows on the table :woozy_face:

Curious about your screen name, anything worth noting?

And, welcome!

10 Likes

I was watching Blood Feast the other day, and the name just stuck.

10 Likes

Movie or series, name doesn’t ring a bell, is that the main characters name or villian or?

And did you know you can get a 1911 in .357 mag?

I would have stuck with it myself but had issues, settled with 1911 in 10mm :yep:

9 Likes

The original 1963 H.G. Lewis flick.

A firend of my uncle’s got a compact Coonan when they originally came out. The first round he put through it blew the front site off.

Am using a Remington R1 atm. No complaints. Basically, everything you’d want out of a 1911. The one thing I did change up on it were the grips. The factory wood grips weren’t bad, but the exposed frontstarp always felt a little too slick for my tastes, so I replaced the grips with a set of wraparound Pachmayrs. Been carrying it ever since.

10 Likes

LOL, I sent one back as the thumb safety would fall out when the pistol was turned sideways,
that metal on the side catch began to peel back too, they said it was normal, they also said they tested it and it didn’t stove pipe for them, but it sure did for me and anyone I let shoot it

Too bad as I really loved it, nice heft, great round, mone was one of the first 100 when they came back into business the second time, so I too ordered a compact with a custom serial number to match it, never fired it, traded both off :man_shrugging:

perhaps I’ve seen it and just don’t recollect the name

Have those on mine, they definitely add to the grip :+1:

Any pics?

9 Likes

I generally don’t post pics of my firearms on-line. I’m “funny” that way.

The Remington looks, feels, and shoots though like any stock 1911. That said, I may still swap the flat stock main spring housing out for an arched one at some point.

As for .357 autos, I did own a Desert Eagle in that calibre once. Fun gun too, but ultimately not a keeper.

11 Likes

No worries, I ask as we double as a support group for those who have accidentally lost their firearms :rowing_man:

On the upside if you don’t post any pics its one less way for anyone to say you’re racist or have non PC idea’s about freedom :upside_down_face:

BTW how’d you find us?

10 Likes

I was looking for the old Sixguns Forum and was redirected here.

11 Likes

Is it warm enough when you lay it on the ground and it sets the grass on fire? also welcome to the site.

10 Likes

Me too, i never posted any gun online.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

10 Likes

@Belt-Fed :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

9 Likes

Welcome from Ky

9 Likes

Welcome.

8 Likes

Belt-Fed’s BS cup runneth over…

10 Likes

And hello all!

10 Likes

:drooling_face:

8 Likes

Bwahahaha :joy: ahahahahabwahahahahahhahahaaaaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah :smirk: :partying_face: :face_vomiting: :skull:

6 Likes