Has anyone else noticed the wussification of America?

I shoot that gun one handed. But… It hurts

8 Likes

That will do it. I have fired a .44 mag Super Blackhawk. It’s fun…for a few rounds anyway. LOL

8 Likes

Yeah…were gonna need a video for proof.

8 Likes

I have fired a Desert Eagle .50 one-handed. It’s not pleasant, but the semi-auto action kicks less than the .44 mag Super Blackhawk revolver.

7 Likes

Never again sir. black powder rifle it was not something I care to repeat, didn’t even get a ball in the recoil and it still floored me.

10 Likes

.454 for me is just what you do to manage the recoil… I think a lot of times people don’t teach recoil management and people get hurt. I run into it all the time teaching women about shotguns. Their last experience was being handed a 12 gauge with no training and everyone laughing at them when it blows them on their ass.

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: The very worst recoiling muzzle loader was the TC Renegade. The shape of the buttplate was horrible. I bought one many moons ago and after 120 grain shoulder kills I dropped to 80 grains. still not a fun shooter. traded it for a TC Hawken and never looked back.

9 Likes

I agree. The human body is a very effective shock absorber…with proper stance and technique anyway.

11 Likes

Dittos. I can take far more recoil held in my hands than on my shoulder.

9 Likes

I have a .44 mag super Blackhawk with a short barrel. I can throw rounds out that one handed all day long. The .454 Casull super Redhawk is the one I shot that hurt. It made that spot in between my thumb and trigger finger ache pretty good.

9 Likes

My 12 year old even shoots my .44 mag with precision. I love the gun I think it’s a perfect mix of power and Target management

10 Likes

Amen

10 Likes

I agree. Revolvers have that severe backwards rotation which really hurts the thumb/trigger finger webbing. I will never one-hand the .44 mag Super Blackhawk with the small wood grips because that rotation is impossible to control. The larger rubber Hogue grip is much more manageable.

9 Likes

Mine has the stock wood grips but I can handle it pretty good. Maybe you’re shooting a heavier load than I am. The one I’m shooting isn’t the fastest .44 mag round made. It’s a Winchester 240 grain jacketed soft point going about 1200 FPS

8 Likes

That .454 Casull round i shot one handed was huge. The bullet grain was 325 but it chronographed over 1800 FPS

That’s insane for a pistol

9 Likes

I love wheel guns though. I want a .454 Casull along with the S&W 500 but I’ve never shot that one

9 Likes

I don’t recall the loads, but they were not target loads or .44 specials.

8 Likes

I’ll shoot cylinders if you’ll let me try it out.

8 Likes

I remember the first time I shot a 500 s&w magnum I was like “hell yeah” and then I was like “I thought that was supposed to hurt every YouTuber acts like they hurt” I have yet to find a handgun that hurts to shoot. I have shot some rifles that kick but not that bad. I want a 45-70

8 Likes

If someone thinks PCC got kick well I’m not going to say that. It involves feminine hygiene products.

7 Likes