Have you ever had to draw your weapon

:+1:

4 Likes

My exact thought

5 Likes

We live in a scociety today that people act and donā€™t think
This was a big choice for me to start prepping

7 Likes

Hearing all these stories reinforces why I have concealed carry insurance!

9 Likes

That is exspensive
But very worth it

6 Likes

This is great wisdom right here. Most of my family and friends think Iā€™m paranoid but I call it being focused as you say. I also make it a point to try and face the main entry point when Iā€™m in a building such as a restaurant or brick and mortar store. So I can observe who and what comes in.

7 Likes

More times than I care to recall. Luckily never had to use it. Been lucky enough to defuse the situations, or get the heck out of Dodge before that happened.

Not really a gun drawing incident (on my part) but I had to disarm my own sister twice when we were younger, and she was a hardcore cokehead. Came at me with my own .22 rifle once, and with a boot knife a second time. And yes the .22 was hot and ready to go.

Had a standoff with a neighbor who beat his old lady up one night. She came running up to our place for help and he followed. Even drunk, he decided his pistol wasnā€™t a good choice against a guy behind the engine block of his car with a 12ga ready to go.
Smart decision.

Had to talk a guy down one time out at our desert shooting spot. He came walking into our area AR15 slung across his chest, hands on, telling me that our group needed to leave because we were shooting his targets or some other BS. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was either on drugs or bat$h!t crazy. That compounded by the fact that we had about a dozen guys with guns within shouting range and he walked up like he owned the place made me aware this guy was not in his right mind. I told him Iā€™d talk with my buddy about leaving in order to calm him down. He tells me again that we need to leave and then as heā€™s turning away says if we donā€™t leave heā€™s going to come back shooting.
I let my buddy (whoā€™s a firearms instructor for a local PD) know what was going on and we decided it would be best to find another spot rather than risk getting someone killed.
Believe me, we left that spot keeping that A-hole and his buddy in our gunsights the entire time we were getting the other guys out of there.
And as for calling the copsā€¦40 miles away from the nearest LE station and of course, no cell service in that area.

Thereā€™s so many more that I just canā€™t list them all. Multiple road rage incidents (no, I donā€™t provoke or respond, but some people are just plain nuts), addicts and dirtbags approaching my car, times at my jobs etc. Iā€™ve had enough weird stuff happen in my life, I just canā€™t imagine not carrying my gun.

9 Likes

That sucks!

6 Likes

Of course :roll_eyes:ā€¦Murphyā€™s Law

7 Likes

This is the kind of responses that make all of us think
And the reaso. Why I started this thread

7 Likes

You live in the twilight zone?

6 Likes

Phoenix areaā€¦ari Zone a :wink:

8 Likes

Weā€™ve only had our guns less than a year. Never in a situation in our 31 year marriage that we needed a gun or felt we needed one. The deterioration of common sense and increase in ā€œgun freeā€ zones made us start to get a bit nervous about losing 2A rights. The final straw was the church massacre in Sutherland Springs. I looked at my husband when we saw that on the news and told him to go get a gun. Now we have 4 and I always have at least one with me. We pray that the only place we ever need it is at the range; which we go to at least once or twice a week.

11 Likes

I have never had to actually point a gun at anyone, but have come mighty close several times. From merely having my hand on my gun while still holstered, but obvious to the bad guy what I was doing, to arming myself when a bad guy was trying to get into our house to escape the law enforcement officers chasing him.

7 Likes

never had to draw it but i was talking a guy down and moving my hand that way. Pretty sure thats why he abandoned the idea.

7 Likes

Worked at the family owned business that dealt in cash in Newark.
My .45 was like a Jack in a box.
Things calmed down when the word got around the demonrat shitpile.
They only broke in on Sundays when we were closed.

Theyā€™d come ā€œlooking for a jobā€ but that was just a front for casing the place for stealing.

8 Likes

mjrfd99:

sorry you had such a tough time with your family owned business

does your family still own that business? has it gotten any better regarding break ins?

7 Likes

Only had to once, and it was back when I was in high school actually. Was home with the flu one day, so the rest of the family was out at work or at school which gave my home the appearance of being unoccupied for the day. I grew up not quite in the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there for sure mind you. Woke up from a nap on the couch to a van going up and down our road to our 2 neighborsā€™ homes a few times then finally up to ours. I wouldnā€™t have thought anything of it had they gone up to the front door that the driveway led right to, but they parked along the side, and the driver stayed in while the passenger got out and made his way to the back door, out of sight of the road and other neighbors. He was very surprised to be greeted by a scrawny kid with the Glock I grabbed from the safe aimed through the glass door. This went on during a rash of gun thefts too and while I was working at the local gun shop. Canā€™t for sure say what the hell they were up to, but they learned the value of knocking first in the boonies real quick

10 Likes

Sold out and moved to a safer county and town 70 miles away.

Newark get better???

LLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe with a neutron bomb.

8 Likes

I do this also . I try to sit where I can exit thru the kitchen . itā€™s better to avoid a gun fight than engage in one in a crowded area.

8 Likes