Heart attack survivors?

Thanks for the info gents. I need to reassess. There is so much bullshit out there. But I can make a change and get blood work done to check things. But the way my body seems to work I’m screwed either way. I can die of a heart attack or die from joe biden disease. My mom died of the latter, dementia. I prefer dying for freedom knowing what I’m doing and of not knowing how to open my mouth to eat food or how to wipe my butt after defecating.

But I promise that I will look into it.

6 Likes

How do we get that to catch on :thinking:

5 Likes

Whatever Big Pharma and Fauci say, do the opposite.

7 Likes

A smoothie consisting of yogurt,a small prebiotic fdrink, chunks of pineapple,handful of blueberries,and an apple twice a day,Honeynut cheerios,whole grain bread

7 Likes

Straight from Big Pharma’s playbook. Do it first thing in the morning, when you wake up, break that fast.

4 Likes

I don’t eat until afternoon myself…

5 Likes

Good. There is no reason to eat “three square meals a day”. It is about insulin. When insulin is up, all blood sugar that isn’t being burned is turned into fat. Which is not a bad thing. But when you eat all day, little snacks, we store fat all day. And insulin blocks fat burning. It is body chemistry. Or “science” as the left says when trying to pass of hoaxes.

6 Likes

I try to only eat during a 6-8hr. window if I can. I am descended from hunters and herders not grazers. I figure our ancestors ate more like predators than sheep or cattle. Could be wrong, works for me.

7 Likes

I’m in keto, I eat when I need to and not before. No insulin that rules me. Somedays I eat a brunch and some days no meal until evening. Some days brunch and evening. My body tells me. But if I don’t eat for days it’s no big deal. But that makes crapping difficult. I did that when I had the wuhan flu. eff the chinese leaders.

8 Likes

Sadly I’ve still not corrected my latest graze haze, and admitted its psychological, just in a weird place now and snacking is a crutch :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

7 Likes

Nobody ate 3 or more meals a day aside from rulers who had things like grain storage. People ate grains at the harvest, fattened up, and fasted a lot until the next harvest. And hunted and gathered in between. Things we all know, and I never thought about. You were created, and it is brilliant. And it turned into abuse by eating all the time.

7 Likes

I don’t know about the feeding window hours but Nick has it correct. Our hunter/gatherer ancestors only had plentiful carbs during harvest season, then none for most of the year when they ate meat and fats. Basically they’d be in ketosis for much of the year.

8 Likes

In terms of non-Pharma research, there is some that suggests hours of the day, not just having a long interval of fasting, but when, factors in. I will find the video. The short version is quit shoving food in your mouth after dark. It had to do with light and dark cycles, sleeping, all that stuff.

7 Likes

The digestive tract shuts down after 10 PM from what I was taught so eat far sooner than that to get it in and out. I worked and lived by circadian rhythm and that was one of the things we were taught. The folks who ate by the shift clock? I have no idea how they fared but I do know they complained about stomach issues. It was common. I didn’t need to follow the clock and did what worked best for me. If I had known more I would have been in ketosis and not burning sugar (carbs) for fuel.

5 Likes

We try to eat supper around 5:00-6:00 and that’s it no snacking. I really try to limit eating to between 12-6 or if needed due to schedule 2-8. That does usually happen when there’s more light as you said and that’s when it sometimes streches to as much as 8 hrs too.

When I was a kid in the summer we used to eat 4-5 times a day, but we worked liked slaves. Especially haying.

6 Likes

And don’t get lost on the fact that you need a long interval either. It is known that snacking, and breaking your fast early hurts your health. But this makes sense. Don’t snack before bed. Shut the food off. Don’t break your fast as soon as you wake up (breakfast), wait until at least mid-day.

Eating twice a day, when you wake up, and dinner, is better than 3 meals a day. But nowhere as beneficial as having that longer interval and eating in a 5 or 6 hour window.

6 Likes

for what length of time?

5 Likes

Huh, that sounds like what I’m doing. Probably need to be more diligent re eating in the 5hr afternoon window. Currently breaking the fast at 12 and supper at 5. Trying to limit the carbs is the hardest.

6 Likes

What do you mean? What I mean is eating around lunch, then “early dinner” at 5 or 6, not 7-9. And I know some families socialize and start at 7:00, and it runs a while. That is just not optimal. But if you only ate at lunch, it isn’t the end of the world. 18 hours is the magic number. The first day I did it, I said to myself

hell fucking no this won’t work

But it did. And I was “down range”. So no chow hall in the morning, no meal until lunch. I don’t store MREs.

5 Likes

That is the idea. Whether you are a heathen and believe fairy tales or believe God, 1000 years ago, or even 200 years ago, people weren’t obese like we are now. And they didn’t eat breakfast. And grains were consumed in the fall harvest and start of winter, before fasting. We died because you gored by an ox, another man, or some other thing. No treatment for real infection. Like George Washington and his teeth, or mouth problem. I don’t remember off the top of my head.

I read somewhere with covid, 70% of our diseases are not communicable. Which is amazing. We do it to ourselves.

6 Likes