Hello all.

@RKH Welcome Kevin from MN, Wow a mile away, I’m still in the feet. LOL

14 Likes

You shoot any USPSA?

11 Likes

No USPSA matches that I’m aware of very close to me but I’d definitely give it a try if there was.

12 Likes

I drove 2 hours to USPSA match over the weekend and 2.5 hours the weekend before. I’ve thought about IDPA but I’ve heard the rules will get ya if your used to USPSA

12 Likes

Not for sure how different the rules are but I mostly just shoot the IDPA for fun and of course it is good self defense practice.

13 Likes

I shoot USPSA for fun but I’m also a competitive person. 3 rule differences i know are shot from behind cover, reload in cover. Shoot targets closest first. USPSA don’t have those rules.

12 Likes

Welcome from California @RKH!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kevin! I’m here in central Va! What ranges ar you shooting long range & competition? We got to shoot out to a mile in culpeper with the guys from Hansohn Brothers, accuracy international and thunder beast! Was so much fun !

13 Likes

Welcome Kevin.

Impressive Remington. And even more impressive 1,000 yd and One Mile(!) decals and skills to earn them!

13 Likes

@RKH,
That is some mighty fine shooting! definitely something to be very proud of. Welcome to The Forum👍

10 Likes

Bangsteel in Bland VA. They normally have monthly matches and they also do long range shooting classes which range from a one day class to three day class I believe. It’s ran by Dan and Forest Newberry both very knowledgeable shooters. I took one of their day classes which more or less bypasses the beginner stuff. We shot out to 1200 yards with my .308 and my 6.5 creed then they let me do the mile target with my 338lm. They now have a Blackjack club that you can earn a decal, it’s actually 2165 yards so just 35 short of 1.25 miles which I plan on doing at sometime this summer hopefully.

12 Likes

Thanks all for the welcome. The mile target was on my list for long time before I made it happen and hopefully I’ll get to hit my next goal of 1.25 and 1.5 miles soon.

12 Likes

Are you hand loading your Extreme Long Range Ammo‽

11 Likes

No sir. I did hand load most of my match ammunition but since I became a father I really don’t have the time my two sons keep me pretty busy. As long as I can keep purchasing good match ammo I’ll shoot it till my son’s are a little older and I have more free time. They are only 5 and 9 now.

12 Likes

I handload almost all my ammo of coarse i don’t have small children. Just 3 big dogs.

11 Likes

time to teach them to reload
great bonding moment
get them addicted now to buying ammo and they will never be able to afford drugs.

11 Likes

Damn nice shooting skills! Welcome from north TX!

10 Likes