Hello fellow enthusiasts.

My name’s Wayne, I’m new here, & I love firearms.

13 Likes

Hi Wayne! Welcome to Full 30!

What do you like to shoot? Do you build your own/tinker or just off the shelf, stuff?

I have built one AR in 6.5 Grendel. Other than that I just shoot what I buy, which is mostly pistols(1911’s). Though I do have a couple lowers that I’m waiting to finish. Gotta either find a good deal on the upper parts or get another bug up my butt to build something special. Probably the former though. No good having only three .223’s, right.

12 Likes

Howdy Wayne and

12 Likes

@EQuinn since you went with a Grendel maybe stick with that BCG for your next one and build a 6mm ARC. It’s factory supported and pretty bada$$. It will out shoot the 6.5G.

I went the other way 6.8 SpC ll and 6mmTAC, it out shoots the 6.8. The 6.8 smacks harder. :grin:

11 Likes

Welcome from KY

10 Likes

Welcome Wayne! It’s good to get new people here.:+1:

10 Likes

Welcome from TX!

10 Likes

Welcome

How did you find us?

9 Likes

welcome to firearms anon from near raleigh nc
glitch portrait GIF by kidmograph

9 Likes

@arkangel129 welcome to full30. Good to see new people join. Look around the forum and join a conversation.

9 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

10 Likes

Welcome to Full30! We like firearms too.

Don’t be shy, tell us more. We’re all friends here, well, pretty much.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I like to shoot as well. I just don’t like the cost to replace ammo at the moment.

9 Likes

Currently I buy & do a bit of simple customization (grips, compensators, stocks…) if needed or desired. I’ve been around guns my whole life, trained by my Vietnam Veteran Dad who was trained by his WW2 Veteran Sharpshooter Dad, I’m not bad… I’ve got a thing for 1911s myself, though the current primary I’m in love with is a Zastava M57, which is directly comparable with .38 Super that I’d love to have in 1911 also, but before long I hope to be in the market for another 1911 in 10mm… While I’ve yet to own a .223, & it’s a great round, I’m rather partial to 7.62x39, though I’d also love to have a tactical M1A, but much of what I’d love to own shall likely have to wait awhile, I’m just a blue collar generational Hillbilly, & some of them are extremely expensive… :thinking:

8 Likes

Thanks to all for the welcome wishes, I appreciate the flowers, & I don’t much care for the current price of ammunition either… For better or worse, I’m generationally Ozarks, & I found myself here after learning of this place from Tactical Reviews on twitter…

9 Likes

Welcome from Florida. I have yet to own a 1911 but someday I will.

9 Likes

Welcome from California!

9 Likes

Some can be acquired cheaper than others depending upon caliber, & brand… I try to thoroughly research any firearm b4 purchase so to be sure of it’s accuracy, & functionality, as well as style, thankfully I’ve yet to accrue a lemon… I try not to be greedy, there’s probably just more than a dozen more I’d love to have, but I do tend to be very particular when it comes to my want list… It might be awhile yet b4 I get most of them though… :thinking:
(If you’re on a small budget, while this isn’t a 1911, it’s a great piece overall, & is modelled on the very same Browning design, & should be able to be had for around $300-$400.)Screenshot_20210909-021219_(1)

5 Likes

Thank you very much, I’ll check that out. Is it as accurate as the 1911? What is that, I feel like I should know.

5 Likes

Not a 1911, but close.

7 Likes