Hello from a displaced Texan

Yup, 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW Mega Cab 4x4.

11 Likes

Strange as it may seem, it could have been a 4 cylinder 200 hp low performance Camry.

6 Likes

That would have been embarrassing, at least my truck is fairly high off the ground.

9 Likes

Welcome from a fellow Texan!

13 Likes

Buc-ee’s the best tourist trap I have ever seen .

11 Likes

Thanks!

12 Likes

Tourist trap and local hangout! My little town of Waxahachie lobbied hard to get a Bucees to open here! We Texans love our Bucees!

10 Likes

I haven’t been to that one, then again, its been a long time since I drove through Waxahachie.

11 Likes

Sadly we lost the bid, for now, to get our very own Bucees. I heard our neighbors in Ennis off I-45 are supposed to get one, though.

10 Likes

I’m kinda surprised they haven’t built one in both cities.

11 Likes

It opened last year.
Did you make it to the price gouging fest know as the gun show a couple of weeks ago?

12 Likes

That’s awesome it already opened. Will have to make a trip there next time I’m near Ennis.

And no, I didn’t want to go anywhere near the gun show. Don’t get me wrong, I’m normally happy to go, but I had already heard about the outrageous prices at every gun show nowadays. I’m just hoping it’ll be a temporary thing and that these prices aren’t going to be the new normal!

Did you go?

12 Likes

I still go and make comments to my brother inlaw laughing at the prices just to see the sellers get all offended and pissy. Then i inform them I believe in capitalism and I don’t have a problem with the prices it’s only funny to me cause i’ll never pay those prices. I mean $750 for a Canik TPSFX come one my wife bought me one 6 months ago for $450 out the door. 50 cents a round on .22LR I got 4000 dollars worth now if i could find a sucker to buy it I would se it in a heartbeat

13 Likes

Yep! Capitalism. Best way to make a buck! Of course, we can always abstain from paying high prices and save a buck if we want to.

Before the election I thought ammo prices were too high and figured I’d pass til supply caught up and prices went down, hopefully by the end of January when the political rhetoric of election season calmed down. Ha! Boy was I wrong!

13 Likes

I was well stocked before Corona but i bought more poweder and primer cuz i knew they were next

13 Likes

I was too bud, I cringed but paid 600 and change for the last case of 223 I don’t feel quite so bad now, gave my neighbor a box of 25 rounds of buckshot for bush hogging my field and he said it was too much, I had no idea what it was going for at the time. I see no end in sight to this madness.

13 Likes

I did go. All I bought was a disposable wrist cuff signifying I paid to get in. There’s another one second weekend of March. I’ll meet you there and we can laugh together. Maybe @CloverTac could go along and he can film the exorbitant prices and interview the desperate people who are paying them. He has press credentials. He could get a camera in the show.

13 Likes

That would be awesome!

13 Likes

@ArmedEyeDoc @Equin when? where? i can try to find out who the promoter is and ask. my press creds only go so far, some promoters do now allow that sort of thing

9 Likes

The gun show is in Waxahachie on March 6-7.
This is the promoter. https://www.premiergunshows.com/

9 Likes