Hello from an old Sixguns forum member

I came here from the Sixguns forums, where I’ve been a member for a little over 9 years under a different user name. I hail from the mountains of Tennessee. I’m a disabled veteran of the US Army. I did 3 overseas tours in wartime. I’m interested in wheel guns mostly, in calibers of 38 Special, 357 Magnum and 44 Magnum. I also enjoy cap-n-ball revolvers, and 30WCF and 45-70 Government calibers. I reload for all. As you can probably tell from my favorites, I am very old fashioned in my ways and in what I like. Over at Sixguns, we had three questions we had to answer: name a good book, a good gun and a good whiskey. My answers are: the Bible, the one have when you need one and Clayton James is my new answer for the third question. Al moved the Sixguns forum over here, so here I am.

14 Likes

Howdy @Igy6 and Welcome. Need to get you your sixguns badge. What was your handle at sixguns?
Al

10 Likes

Welcome from KY

9 Likes

Thats pretty cool :+1:

Good to meet you, I surely thank you for your service and commitment to it :salute:

11 Likes

Howdy Igy. Thank you for your service!

10 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

11 Likes

Welcome to Full30. I’ve been wanting to get a cap n ball revolver for a while any suggestions.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

9 Likes

Welcome from Florida.

7 Likes

I went by CoopertownBob at Sixguns.

8 Likes

Mac82, for all folks new to cap-n-ball, I always recommend the complete starter packs from Pietta. It includes a 7 1/2" so-called 44 Confederate Navy model, full brass framed pistol, lead balls, lube and so forth, all in one kit. Just enough to wet your appetite. The kits aren’t very expensive so if you decide you don’t like it, you haven’t invested a lot of money, and if you do like it, you’ve got a fine starting point.

8 Likes

Like the sound of that

7 Likes

I recommend patience in advance, to me if you can’t appreciate a sailboat vs a motorboat you won’t appreciate any muzzle loader, or cap gun

However once you’re at that point in life, good stuff :grin:

7 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service

7 Likes

@Igy6 welcome to full30.

6 Likes

Natchez shooters supplies has some on sale.

7 Likes

Welcone from Alabama.

7 Likes

Welcome from near Raleigh NC, I just read raving fans for my work assigned book and it was ok. Haven’t forced myself to read in a while, read the computer 8 hrs a day… And phones

7 Likes