Hello from central WV

Well, trying to introduce myself.
Preacher handgun hunter handgun ammunition loader,bullet caster,fisherman,and motorcycle rider. Hope to gain from this forum.

12 Likes

Welcome, what length 460 do you hunt with presuming your name is accurately descriptive of course :hugs:

9 Likes

Welcome

11 Likes

Welcome from California

10 Likes

Welcome from KY.

9 Likes

Welcome from mid-Missouri

9 Likes

Welcome from communist Oregon

9 Likes

I hunt with a 10" barrel i dare say I am pretty handy with it also. Shot this with it about 55-60 yards from the ground in the kneeling position this Year Nov.21,2022.I have practiced a bunch. I roll mybown so it is somewhat cheaper to practice. Enjoy the heck out of it.

11 Likes

Here it is .

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum from central Maine!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

10 Likes

They preachin 24/7 here, so one more fisher of men is always welcome
Bullet smiths, and boolit smiths are two different animals.
PP207

WELCOME!

9 Likes

@WV460Hunter welcome to full30.

8 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

9 Likes

Welcome from OK

10 Likes

Awesome, and great shooting, I was expecting a S&W rather than a BFR :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Good to be anywhere the older I get :rofl:

7 Likes

A S&W well I will tell ya why I didnt. In the .460 it uses a gain twist Vs. The BFR does not use a gain twist . When shooting the other options that can be shot with that caliber. .45 colt .454 casull i didnt want a gain twist for those particular calibers the BFR uses a 1:16 twist and with the 10 inch barrel I gain speed on cast bullet loads so I can load 40 grains. And get 1900fps. Literally S&W designed their hog to reduce recoil that was its sole purpose. The BFR is very hefty and the recoil is not bad at all. I have already shot 335gr., 240gr. 300XTP mags and 240XTP mags and 300 grain lee mold bullets through it all of my own recipes

6 Likes

wow, thanks for the knowledge, I didn’t know :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Welcome . First part of the S&W bore on their 460 is 1:100 near no twist at all then graduates quickly into 1:20 at the muzzle . BFR. Is the 1:16 all the way through

7 Likes