Hello from Colorado

Pretty sure I never introduced myself.
Reloader, levergun lover,rescuer of unwanted firearms.
Dale

13 Likes

GOD’s Country huh? Welcome from the mole hills North Carolina!

11 Likes

Welcome @Daleo

11 Likes

An official welcome to the forum to you @Daleo.

11 Likes

Welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome from TX!

11 Likes

Welcome from KY

10 Likes

Howdy and…

10 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

10 Likes

Welcome from behind enemy lines.

10 Likes

Welcome to full30 @Daleo

10 Likes

Welcome from Texas! What part of Colorado are you from? I’ve only visited your state a few times, but love its gorgeous scenery and cool, summer-time mountain temps.

11 Likes

Welcome from Alabama!

10 Likes

Southwest of denver in the foothills.It’s been a great place to live, my family is from Texas.

12 Likes

I’ll be in the Durango/Silverton area in a few weeks. Time to escape this heat for a bit.

12 Likes

I was there for the first time last summer. Love that area! If you get a chance, go further past Silverton to Ouray.

11 Likes

Ride the train.
Go hike canyons of the ancients.
Raft the river

11 Likes

We’ve been several times. Wife went to Vallecito every summer growing up. We’ve done the train, rafting, Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Ouray box canyon, etc. This trip we are going to do a full day of ATV on the trails at Silverton and a full day driving the San Juan Skyway. We haven’t been around to the Telluride side, maybe head offroad for some ghost towns. Easy sit down stuff, we are too out of shape for hiking. :rofl:

11 Likes

Sounds like a blast
Enjoy!

11 Likes

Little slow on my reply of late, been helping a friend of family whose husband died from Dem and Alz complications. Wife’s folks and this couple grew up together and Big Jim went in the Corps with Chesty Puller in Korea at the same time my wife’s dad joined the Combat Engineers, ending up in Korea at the same time. Big Jim always razzed him about not getting to drive or command a tank instead of a dozer. Ralph always countered with "Just don’t forget who cut the fucking roads in for you to drive your tank on! And a laugh was had by all.

Been a gun guy although kids and life kept me from owning one for a long time but I made up for it as soon as I could later. Have owned a large number of belt feds but other than chewing up ammo got over that stage of life. Although even a semi-auto HK21 Pistol that ran belts or mags that I had makes me wish I kept just one.

Now I spend time loading and have finally accumulated dies etc. for any caliber I have. Almost as expensive to get started in, but it soon pays for itself and the wife who is a gun person doesn’t seem to notice a set of 50cal dies and press like she would a new gun showing up. Ha-ha! I think.

Today all we have to do is be prepared for whatever calamity befalls us in the world, the country or our backyard, I think we dodged the bullet with our Chinee Bar B Que and Nike tennis shoe builder Pres Xi this week when P went to visit TW. If you missed the News Clips of their live fire exercise over the Straits of Taiwan it was an incredible waste of munitions on their part but very impressive as it just went on and on and on. Literally 1000’s of rockets alone. Had they unleashed that on to Taiwan’s cities it would have shredded them horribly. I suspect from firsthand experience they were barraging the ocean with their unguided 5" diameter rockets which have a range of 12+/- miles. Having been on the recvg end of those in Iraq at Camp Anaconda I think it is more frightening than a guided missile since you know a lot of them are coming in like buckshot. I’ve spent a lot of time in China and to me, it is pretty obvious the Chinee don’t want to piss of the mighty Satan of the US military. But they sure did a good job of scaring the F out of the locals in Taiwan, of which the younger ones are their versions of our Woke here. Now if we can keep the NK kid “Kim Chow Yuk” as I call him under control and it somebody in Russia would 86 Mr. P maybe we could get back to only worrying about our own internal Social Communist threats, BEST TO ALL Old Bob

8 Likes