Hello From DocB

Howdy folks. New to the group, long time shooter, shoot long range, retired USA and fire dept. Spent 8 years in Iraq and Afg, 12 in Central America. Married to my best friend and soulmate. Just wanted to say howdy.

Doc

16 Likes

Welcome @DocB
Great to have you here at full 30! Thank you for your service!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to full30. Thank you for your dedicated service.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brother, and thank you for your service.

5 Likes

Welcome to Full30. Glad to have you here. Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @DocB Good to have you here. Jump right in the water’s fine.

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Hooah Doc and welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

howdy

1 Like

Welcome, and thank you for your service.

2 Likes

Welcome from Indiana Doc and Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

Fort Sherman?

1 Like

Ft. Davis, Ft.Gulick/Espinar, Ft. Sherman.

1 Like

Welcome, Doc

1 Like

@DocB G’day and welcome! Great to meet to another Long range shooter. What are you shooting?

1 Like

Welcome to FULL30, we are glad you are here. You are among a good crew of Vets and shooters.

2 Likes

Hey Mate, good to hear from Down Under. I worked with several Aussies and Kiwis in AFG, Really great blokes and “fairly” good shots, lol. Actually they were very great shots and quite deadly. I truly enjoyed working with them.

I shoot a 24 inch barrel originally Mossberg 4x4 300WM but now fully customed and deadly accurate. I kept the laminated stock because of the strength and I liked the appearance to keep it’s visual signature to a minimum. Fully bedded and pillared, magazine removed and modified to accept bedding and longer & heavier Bergers and Hornady bullets, floated. Rock solid. A bit on the heavy side, but I prefer that for accuracy. My philosophy is “if you can’t hump it, don’t shoot it”.

Thanks for the hello, it’s really good to hear from you mate! Cheerie Bye!

1 Like

@DocB sounds like a solid rig mate.
I’m playing with a .223 Tikka Varmint in factory configuration and currently building a .280AI. The .223 used for under 600 and under, the .280AI for 700 and beyond.
Look forward to hearing more about your shooting.
Cheers