Hello from N. Texas!

Hello everyone! Glad to be here. Tactical Reviews on Twitter sent me over this way. A little background on me:

I started shooting when I was about 10 years old (.38 special and 9mm) and shot some competitive pellet rifle in high school. Then, I took an 18-year hiatus from shooting anything. 4 years ago I started shooting pistols again, then moved to shotguns and picked up Dove Hunting. Over the last year, I’ve gotten into rifle shooting and am planning my first deer hunt @ 40 years old.

For rifle, I shoot a Henry .45-70 Lever Action, a .222 Sako Varminter, a 7mm Rem Mag (1908 Mauser conversion), and a .243 Winchester.

Pistol is a mixed bag as well, with stuff from .22lr to .45 ACP.

A couple shots of one of my rifles:

Cheers!

-Spoticus

15 Likes

Beautiful rig Spoticus! Very nice!

14 Likes

Great intro,

Welcome!

12 Likes

@spoticus

Welcome Matthew from Florida and beyond.

I used to live in the DFW area (many years ago).

12 Likes

Welcome from KY

11 Likes

Welcome @spoticus. Be careful around here nothing but enablers. With that said you want some reloading press recommendations. :grin:

11 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

12 Likes

Welcome from Florida. That’s a neat looking range.

12 Likes

Welcome!

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum

11 Likes

Welcome.

12 Likes

Welcome from Alabama

12 Likes

That a Weatherby in the top pic?

12 Likes

@spoticus welcome to full30.

9 Likes

Very nice sir!

10 Likes

I think it is his 7mm RM Mauser Conversion. Though Roy did start with Mausers he got from FN though. :+1:

11 Likes

Welcome from N FW! What range is that in the pic?

11 Likes

Welcome from Waxahachie, TX! What part of North Texas are you from and what range is in that photo?

12 Likes

Thanks for all the welcomes!

@Ridgewalker Nailed it. It’s a Brazilian Model 1908 7mm RM Mauser Conversion. My grandfather did the conversion and had started the stock just before he passed away. I completed the stock inletting, shaping, and finishing. Then had my local gun shop ceracote in matte black.

@Equin @Festus Rifle Gear in the Colony. I prefer it because they have camera’s on the target @ 100 yards so I don’t have to scope or bring the target in after each shot.

• Spoticus
12 Likes

That would be really cool.

9 Likes