Hello from New Jersey

Welcome to the forum @lpesenson

11 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

@lpesenson welcome to full30.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum! If your ever around the VA area you can come here and shoot all you want!! Paper or steel.:wink:

12 Likes

@SuppressedNation_Chris How close to Fairfax Rod and Gun club are you. My friend runs the gun shop there.

10 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

11 Likes

Welcome from Texas! Our indoor ranges were closed here, too. And the closest public outdoor range to me is still closed. How far away is that Cherry Ridge outdoor range from you? I have to drive about an hour and 15 minutes to get to my club’s range.

12 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @lpesenson Good to have you here.

Check us out at USgunBlog.com

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

Dan

11 Likes

Welcome from Alabama!

10 Likes

Welcome from Ocean County
NJ ranges are now open as per our benevolent dicktater.
Cherry Ridge is one of the best I hear.
I live near and go here when in NJ. It’s also great
https://cjrpc.org/default.aspx

12 Likes

About 2.5 hours away I believe . I live right in the center of VA

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @lpesenson

12 Likes

The best Bullseye pistol club in the country with the most active youth group is out of New Jersey…which as a Texan I still have trouble believing they know what guns are up there.

Look up Latief Dickerson in one of the Bullseye FB Groups if you’re interested in trying out Bullseye…it is not for the faint of heart.

I got stomped in Perry at 2014, and didn’t try again for several years.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum from central Maine from a NJ escapee!

I was once, decades ago, a member of the Cherry Hill Range, pre '80. I saw the writing on the wall re: the commiefication of NJ and got the hell out before my roots got too deeply embedded and it became more difficult to escape. I never looked back except to pity brothers still living behind enemy lines there. I know what you’re going through down there and that’s why I never enter the state anymore.

I was living in Ramsey and then later in Pequannock/Pompton Plains. Where in general terms (‘m not looking for your address) are you? BTW, yeah it was a bit of a drive up Rt 23 for me at the time as well, but worth it. We did have a sand pit range that I could use in Pequannock, right off Rt23, but it had a max’ range of about 70 yards unless I wanted to shoot across a dead end road that never had any traffic. I never did; it just struck me as being a very bad idea. That’s probably all gone now.

Now I have my own range 0-100 yards that never closes unless I want it to. It didn’t take me long to get that set up after moving. When a brother came up from NJ we went to the LGS and he stated,“It’s probably illegal for me to even look at this stuff.”. A son of his looked at it and wondered why we don’t have mass shootings every day. He’s a cop in MD and that’s a much different world.

Anyway, welcome to Full30!

13 Likes

I am in Union County, so all outdoor ranges are at least an hour away. I am a member of the new RTSP Range in Union Twp (50 yd max range), but thanks to Gov Murphy, it’s closed until whenever

10 Likes

All these outdoor ranges have member-only use, and they have complicated rules to become one… Cherry Ridge is simplest, but one has to pay, wait for 1st Sunday for orientation, etc

11 Likes

Welcome from Texas

12 Likes

Yeah, Cherry Ridge is a drive for you.

In NJ unless you own lots of land I think the only shooting you’ll do outside of a competition is going to be on member only ranges. It was getting to be that way pre-'80 when I was there. I can’t imagine what it’s like today.

It’s probably no closer for you, but how far away from Ft Dix are you? They have a membership range and unless it’s a wheel mounted crew served weapon they pretty much don’t care what you shoot there. OK, that might be a stretch, but close. I’ve never been there, but a brother of mine has the same complications for shooting as anyone else in NJ and he’s a member. That’s how I know about it. I assume it’s highly structured shooting, but I just don’t know. The link gives contact info for more info.

http://www.range-14.com/

Good luck with your Gov. Murphy. I don’t have words in my vocabulary to properly describe what a piece of feces he is. I follow him (and NJ) because of my brothers down there. I’m constantly in awe of just how large a piece of crap someone can be but Murphy is definitely that and more.

10 Likes

I don’t think our National Forest range in my part of the state has opened back up yet but even when things were all closed down here we could still go the the pay ranges. If You get a chance we could use all the help we can get keeping the state red even by the narrowest of margins.

9 Likes

Yep Members and family only at CJR+P for now.
Easy to join when we aren’t under the chinaman virus
The initiation fee puts some off but once in it’s a great club.
We [sons and I] usually take those interested as a guest and most end up joining. We kick back our “finders fee” back to the new member to help with their initiation fee.
When this hysteria is over - give a shout.

10 Likes