Hello from New Mexico

Hi everyone, making the required first post!

I just got my first 80% lower ordered. Researching how to finish that correctly led me here.

Doesn’t it figure? I had to sell all of my firearms to pay for a divorce, and now that I’m finally getting back on my feet, I’m not even allowed to go to a gun store. It was fairly irritating, until I started really looking into what it took to build 80% lowers… this seems right up my alley! I’m starting with a polymer80 and working on getting an AR-15 jig.

I’ll get back to lurking and learning now. Hope to see y’all when I get a build thread started!

15 Likes

Welcome!

be sure to post build pics as you go :+1:

11 Likes

absolutely. In fact, I might even try my hand at a build video!

10 Likes

If you do we have a community channel we can likely add it to :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Welcome aboard, fellow builder!

12 Likes

Much appreciated!

Mosinvirus… do the symptoms of that include digging a foxhole in your own yard, but still being able to bayonet someone in your neighbor’s?

10 Likes

That is why the laminate flooring in the room is all messed up.

11 Likes

one of the ones that got let go in “the Divorce” was an m91 built in 1905 on a Peter the Great frame, issued to the Czar’s Guard, captured by the Fins during the Winter war and refitted at the VKT arsenal in 1945.

11 Likes

Yeah, I was never infected with that particular bug or anything :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Your nickname is familiar… other forum? Youtube?

And sorry to hear about “The Divorce”.

9 Likes

nah I’m an “Anonymous” on YouTube. If you know someone from New Mexico named Griz it’s probably me. Especially if you bought a Harley Davidson in Albuquerque between 2017 and 2018

9 Likes

Understood.
Stop by the gunsmithing section here to see other builds happening, to ask questions, and to share your progress.

9 Likes

@Griz welcome to full30.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum from Texas.

11 Likes

Howdy Neighbor

9 Likes

Welcome @Griz
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!

11 Likes

Much appreciated!

9 Likes

Welcome from KY. Hope y’all vote you crazy governor out next time. Even the Feds say gun stores are essential.

12 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

11 Likes

Welcome @Griz

11 Likes