Welcome to the forum @Griz

10 Likes

Much appreciated everybody!

8 Likes

FIFY

10 Likes

Welcome

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum Griz! @TheRogueBanshee has an excellent video on building an 80percent lower.

12 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @Griz Good to have you here.

Check us out at USgunBlog.com

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

Dan

9 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout @switchpod

Welcome to the forum @Griz. If you are from Montana… you must be from or went to college in Missoula with a name like Griz.

I do have a couple videos on 80% lowers. One on the 80% arms and one on the 5D Tactical. I also have a writeup on my website on my impression of the two. You can read it at https://trb.fyi/ar-jig-shootout-5d-tactical-vs-80-percent-arms/

Looking through the thread, it looks like you might be interested in being a content producer. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

12 Likes

Negative on Montana or Missoula. I picked up the nickname Griz because I was a 300lb 9th grader with a full beard and hair almost to my butt-crack. The name just stuck, and now even my mom calls me Griz.

I worked as a photographer, and my old 7d original does video, so I might as well use it. I’ve been thinking about making some metal casting and home blacksmithing videos too, just because it’s something I do, so why not? To be frank, the idea of actually publishing those videos somewhere like YooToob leaves me a bit cold, but if I’m sharing it here among like-minded individuals, that sounds a little more fun.

10 Likes

Howdy! Have fun, please contribute, and stay safe out there!

11 Likes

Welcome from NC. Be sure to share your builds.

10 Likes

Welcome from Missouri!

9 Likes

Welcome from Texas! New Mexico is one of my favorite states!

8 Likes

I don’t know if want to know why. I believe everyone deserves the right to protection. Just don’t make anyone an accomplice on your 80% journey.

Other than that welcome to the forum

7 Likes

Because our Governor decided that not only are gun stores not essential, but they are the one business that our State Police need to focus on making sure stays closed. Sorry if I was unclear about that, but taken in the context of just that one snip, I can see why I should expound, haha!

8 Likes

Trumps federal order tuesday or Wednesday deems gun shops and ranges essential and to be allowed to be open. They reopened ours here in PA after the l ibtard governor forced them to close. There are some restrictions such as amount of customers allowed in at a time but they are allowed to open now unless the gun shop itself wishes to remain closed

9 Likes

Must be nice. Our governor shows no sign of letting up. The closest we get is, we can make online orders and have firearms shipped there to transfer, but absolutely no customers allowed in the store. So the workers can go to work, but nobody can actually come get their stuff.

6 Likes

I’d recheck & confirm that with your local shop. Fed order should make it illegal & invalid for governor to keep them closed now.

7 Likes

Solid copy.

" ABQ GUNS RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM NM STATE POLICE TO COMENCE OPERATIONS FOR TRANSFERS AND ONLINE ORDERS ONLY.

No retail sales will be conducted.

WE WILL BE CALLING OUR CUSTOMERS TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET THEM THEIR ITEMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

SHOP ONLINE AT "

6 Likes

Sounds like your shop has chosen not to sell. Probably can’t get anything from distributors to sell. That’s the case here with most shops, distributors can’t get any ammo or guns for retail sale due to shortages after the big run on merchandise.

7 Likes

And the store I used to work at in Las Cruces is also closed. That is despite it being the place where the Sheriff’s department, Police department, and Border Patrol get their firearms and ammo.

Our governor is a real piece of …ahem, work. Yes, a real piece of work. That’s what I meant to say.

7 Likes