Hello from Oregon

Nice, I am building another one…no idea how many this is though :grimacing:

17 Likes

Welcome aboard!

You aren’t the only one… :+1:t2:

18 Likes

Welcome from CA.

15 Likes

Welcome from AZ…there are tons of guys here who can help you out with info and expertise on an AR build…some of us have built more than one or two…dozen :shushing_face:

16 Likes

Welcome to Full 30 @Sdodd , great to have you here!

15 Likes

Welcome from GA @Sdodd. Don’t open any P.M.s from @JF89 :grin: check out the promoted topic of the month March Contest $25 Full30 swag gift card

15 Likes

Welcome from the still semi-frozen wilds of Maine, there are a lot of smart people here that can help you out and some that are best ignored, you will soon figure out which is which. BTW some folks around here are smart a** too :wink:

15 Likes

Welcome from KY.

14 Likes

Welcome from Florida.

14 Likes

@Sdodd hello and welcome to the Full30 forum.

14 Likes

Your in the Nice Part of Oregon! I’m stuck behind the “iron Curtain” of the Willamette valley LOL Eugene area.

17 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Sdodd. What are you building? Do you have any parts yet? Any ideas on what you want to do with the rifle? This will help to give better recommendations for you.

14 Likes

Biden then the SC gets to make the final d

Think you might want to get to building that AR then :grimacing:

15 Likes

Welcome from near Raleigh NC, I bought a pre built upper and lower and bcg and charging handle and “assembled” my 1st AR also a bit ago, made it a 300blk with an optional upper but fun times to learn

16 Likes

Welcome from Texas!

15 Likes

Prepare to feel broke :dollar:

parts are getting sketchy

Welcome though!

14 Likes

Thank you all for the welcome! The build i am starting is going to be totally from scratch, I know kinda like jumping in the deep end before learning to swim! But that is just the way things have come about. I was lucky enough to get 2 80% frames it was one of those things i was not planning on but all of a sudden there were 4 in front of me and i was given first option to buy 2 so i felt like i could not pass it up so here we go. They are anderson lowers in the raw. for right now that’s all i have plus the jig. there are a few tools i don’t have yet plus i am looking into the possibility of getting a milling machine or seeing if i can rig a draw bar on my drill press and then use that.

17 Likes

That sounds pretty cool. Post pics of your progress on here!

16 Likes

If you want to use a drill press just get a xy axis vise and bolt it to the table. A router does a better job for most people.

16 Likes

@Sdodd welcome to full30.

14 Likes