Hello from South Carolina!

Hey everyone! I found this site from Forgotten Weapons’ youtube channel. Hate me for saying this, But I absolutely love my Taurus Judge. I guess you can say I am a revolver guy. I mean. I can’t hit the broadside of a barn with a gun, but at least on our property we don’t have to worry about stray shots! What do you expect for being basically self taught. Hahaha! Not too sure if I’ll be active or not. I personally live on a family hobby farm. So I use them to take on varmints that try to attack our chickens or other livestock. Things like opossums and even the wild dogs running rampant too. Now if only I could find more .45 LC. That would be nice. And .45 LC for a price that isn’t ridiculous. :rofl:

10 Likes

Howdy 890Sinister. We have a bunch Revolver folks here. We are very diverse so you will fit right in.

8 Likes

Welcome from KY

8 Likes

Welcome from Florida. We are equal opportunity enablers. We don’t discriminate based on revolver, semi auto, single shot , or caliber.

7 Likes

Welcome, where about do you live?

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum from the mountains of western North Carolina

7 Likes

@890Sinister welcome to full30.

7 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

7 Likes

Aiken, SC to be particular. :slight_smile: Basically a dead end town with no jobs for people who don’t want a dead end job.

4 Likes

Man I would love to move to Florida. At least y’all have a governor with some brass balls. And that is a good thing ya don’t discriminate. Because I’ve shot things like my Serbian N-Pap (serbian AK) that basically self dismantled itself when I was shooting it. Then I got my walmartium grade remington 870 super mag 12 gauge in any color I wanted it as long as it was in camo print. That 12 gauge and my revolver are my two guns of choice. Especially since that revolver can shoot .410 shotshells too. Am I weird that I can shoot the revolver better from a sideways stance and one handed than I can with both hands on it?

5 Likes

Welcome from California.

As for the revolver stance and grip, how fast are you shooting?

5 Likes

Once every two to four seconds. Maybe even 6 seconds. It has a pretty stiff trigger if you don’t cock it beforehand. So it isn’t like I’m going all john wayne and firing as fast as I can. And I consistently have to basically aim left of the target to even hit it. But at least with the stance and how I aim with it, I DO actually hit the target. I stand with both hands holding the revolver? I might as well be a stormtrooper from Star Wars.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum from central Maine!

Can you get to somewhere for professional instruction before you develop really bad habits that will be difficult to break?

5 Likes

Sadly not. I’ve already been shooting for years now. Already have those said bad habits. All the gun ranges I know about closed up a few years ago.

6 Likes

That’s a shame. I tried for years to break mine, mostly successful in that.

edit: Mostly self corrected by reading and doing. Lots of dry fire. Today I would use youtube and be selective in whose videos I watched.

7 Likes

Reason I asked is that usually you want a more supported stance when you need to shoot faster. This is not true for everyone of course, but you get more control over the gun with hotter rounds/higher calibers that way.

It is strange that you shoot that revolver better one handed, but that is good thing. Have you tried both hands (one at a time)?

5 Likes

Yup. I shoot better with my dominant hand, aka my right hand. Though I consistently have to aim to the left with the revolver and THEN I hit the target consistently. The way I see it is shooting sideways allows the recoil to go through more of my body in line with the revolver. Thus easing the effects of the recoil a bit better. Put it this way. Shooting one handed like that is easier for me as it is. Because the revolver is pretty heavy for it’s size. Besides. In a theoretical situation that I should need to defend myself from someone else that has a gun, the less of a target I paint for them the better. Hence why I actually see it as beneficial to shoot in that sideways sort of way better anywho. As a testament to the success of my shooting like that, I’ve ‘aborted’ several varmints from that sideways form of shooting as it is.

Would have loved for our local korean guy at Gun Rack Range to help me figure out how to shoot better. But they’ve been closed for several years now. Sad. Had a sweet indoor range too. I mainly watch Paul Harrell for all my shooting info/needs as it is.

5 Likes

@890Sinister, curious do you shoot sideways as in a Duel like Hamilton and Burr, or the gun is sides like you was a ‘Gangsta’, or both?

5 Likes

Old School :grin:

6 Likes

I love Florida, Texas might give us a run but I’m not going anywhere . Is it just the revolver you shoot like that and other pistols get a standard grip and stance? Before I got rid of a cobra derringer I would aim low at 10 yards to hit the target.

4 Likes