Hello from South Eastern Ohio

Totally new to full 30. Came here because Hickok 45 was posting here. I am a little internet wary.I have a YouTube account and belong to only one other forum, and I have barely figured those out. No face book, twitter ect. So bear with me while I am trying to figure things out here.
I am 52 years old and kind of a “Fud” who has woken up to 2A issues, hand gun use beyond hunting, the AR15 and reloading as of recent.
I used make hobbies of building race cars, restoring machinery, ect. But for medical, space restrictions and financial reasons I have switched hobbies from race cars and big machines to shooting and reloading, as of late.
Relearning the joys of my youth, with my teen son. Rabbit and squirrel hunting, Pond and bank fishing. And just walking in the woods. Been learning the art of reloading for the past 2 years.Just brought a vintage chronograph back to life, and plan on using it.
Just here mostly to listen in and learn a few things, watch some videos. I will start to reply, and post more once I have felt my way around a bit.

14 Likes

Sounds like an average American to me :grinning:

Welcome!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I can’t say you made a good financial decision switching to firearms as a hobby. The are constantly hungry and tend to multiply rapidly.

11 Likes

A bit less costly,not quite as bad as my former hobbies.Plus I no longer have the square feet and acreage I had access to before.
It fits into my down sized life and my closet + the corner of 1 room. Plus I have a very reasonably priced Sportsman’s Club just a mile down the road. They voted me in a couple years ago, just a mile from the house. $50 a year and no range fees, just have to do 10hrs work for my family of 3.I usually do that just picking up around there. And I get 7 hrs in doing the kids fishing derby. Which is a lot of fun.
Also the president of the club owns a gun shop, and he is good friend but an enabler.Always finding me deals on what I want way below retail. Often letting my pay as little as $20 a week on a gun purchase.
Plus with guns I get to make a lot of noise and have a lot of fun.

10 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @Mitty38 Good to have you here. We will be happy to help you along your way. just ask and we’ll do everything we can.

Check us out at USgunBlog.com

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

Subscribe to Dan the Tactical man channel.

10 Likes

Welcome @Mitty38
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!!

10 Likes

Welcome @Mitty38. You will fit in great here. Glad to have you aboard.

9 Likes

Welcome from Ky

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Mitty38

You sound like just the right FULL30 kind of guy. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

middle-aged and computer illiterate like a good portion of us?:rofl:

8 Likes

Welcome from Tri-cities Washington, you ever do any scraping?

9 Likes

Worked as a Tow Truck- Accident recovery operator, Tractor Trailer- car hauler operator and as a heavy equipment and torch operator in several scrap yards. Thru the years, even when I had good, full time factory jobs,still did that part time.
Was a good source of projects, free storage, parts, and work space to practice my hobbies with.
All that stuff is past now and I just work a factory job in a recycling melt shop…And take care of my family.

I

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

9 Likes

Welcome @Mitty38 from south central Ohio!

We have a few things in common, like hunting, shooting and I’m 53.

Please make yourself at home here at Full30.

Glad to have you join us!

9 Likes

Don’t forget bald. :rofl:

6 Likes

Welcome.
Anyone who thinks guns and reloading can even begin to compare to the cost of motor sports, must not have done much racing.
An old saying among racers is:
Racing is a good way to make a fortune, if you start with a much larger fortune.

6 Likes

Welcome to full30!

7 Likes

Welcome to Full30. Glad to have you here!

7 Likes

(LONEWOLF is now secretly plotting @spook 's death, it’s only a 3 hour drive…)

6 Likes

Welcome to full30 @Mitty38!

6 Likes