Hello from South Eastern Ohio

Welcome from Florida. You’ll like it here on the forum.

7 Likes

Amen brother,When I got out of motor sports the General manager of summit racing sent me a personal hand written letter asking me what they had done to wrong me, and if it could be made right. So ye , I was spending Quite a bit of money.
To give those who do not know an idea.
$1700 on a transmission, about once a season,100 on mounts about 3 times a season, $8000 on a race motor, then $5000 every year to freshen up.U joints,driveshafts, rear ends, better have 2 or 3 extra set ups around.Spare motors,intake set ups… Dyno fees tools,full service garage pull truck, trailers, storage. And if you are really serious you need a 2nd car with a near exact match to the first. And the list goes on and on… Oh and did I mention that if you race sanctioned, some parts actually have expiration dates and must be replaced as scheduled whether needed or not?
And unless you are Don Garlits or something, sponsorship does not work like you may think.My problem was I was that good.:wink: $500 for the sticker on your door might pay for the cost of getting to and from a couple races that season. Or might get you 1 minor part.
Never did add up the full cost. But I would bet If I went into Cabellas and purchased 1 of every model rifle they had,I might come close to what I was spending out of pocket in a year racing.

6 Likes

Welcome

7 Likes

Lets start off easy, how about semi auto’s?

7 Likes

Welcome …

7 Likes

Ok you kinda got me there. :grin: Caught me trying to be melodramatic.:lying_face:
Let me rephrase that to I could go into Cabelas and buy every rifle I wanted.:sunglasses:ann not spend what I spent in a year racing.
And no I do not want them all.:grinning:

7 Likes

Awesome to have you here! Just say no to fudding lol

7 Likes

Well…

You could just… oh… how do they say… hand them out to others on the forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Do not have that kind of cash right now. But if you are willing to sponsor me, I say lets go for it!!!:sarcasm::salute:

5 Likes

We talkin $500.00 door stickers for your delivery van :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

yeah I’m out :pensive:

7 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa… easy there big fella. You and I are sporting the exact same haircut -in all of its splendor and glory. So I was referring to “us” not just “you”. :wink: :rofl:

7 Likes

Well thank you guy’s for the warm welcome. And hats off to @Robert for the little banter session.Occasionally, I do enjoy a little civilized back and forth!:salute:

6 Likes

It’s not just the cost of racing in money, but in time.
For every hour I spent in the car, I spent approx 90 hours under it in repairs and modifications.
This was for road racing.
Drag racing is even worse on some things.
Yeah, guns and shooting don’t even come close to what racing can cost.
Road racing requires a learning curve of at least two driver’s schools to learn the ropes.
Of the entire class I was in way back, by the end of the season, I was the only one still racing.
Six races as I recall.
Every one else had disappeared, probably haven gone broke.

7 Likes

I don’t doubt you guys are right, just repairing my daily commuter is enough :sob: for me and god forbid if the diesel breaks down that’s 3 times the :sob::sob::sob: LoL

6 Likes

Welcome @Mitty38. You will find that we are pretty easy going and friendly here. Thanks for joining us on the forum.

6 Likes