Hello from the Great State of South Carolina

Hello from SC! - Specifically the Upstate. I’m big on engineering & design - I shoot 5.56, 9mm, and love .22 plinking.

Cheers.

15 Likes

Welcome to Full 30 @Joe_Manco !!

12 Likes

Welcome from the frozen north of Maine,

12 Likes

Welcome from rural Oregon

11 Likes

Welcome to the FULL30 forum Joe👍

10 Likes

Firearms?

Welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome from Texas!

11 Likes

Welcome from KY

10 Likes

Welcome to Full30 Joe!

HP, yes it is cold tonight isn’t it? I have -3°F and it’s not even midnight yet. Coldest night of the '20/'21 winter season so far.

12 Likes

@Joe_Manco welcome to full30.

10 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

Got that right my pipes froze up overnight, not sure if at the house or the well.

11 Likes

Welcome from GA

11 Likes

At 0630 it was -9.8°F. It was so cold that the propane tank couldn’t produce enough gas to keep the on demand water heater happy for this AMs showers.

Joe that sux. I hope you thaw it before it bursts. Or maybe it’s flex pipe?

12 Likes

Trying to figure out where it is frozen, the pump is running but only getting about 10 psi, if I don’t figure it out soon, I’m going to shut it down and hope it thaws before this big storm we have coming in, supposed to get up around 30 tomorrow, it was about the same here this morning as well, about 75 in the living room, love that wood stove

11 Likes

Yikes, Maine sure sounds rough

But just shows it takes tough to live there :muscle:

10 Likes

It keeps the riffraff out.

I’ve seen it -33, but that was 40 years ago. That sort of cold was fairly common back then. I was chopping trees for a gent who yarded logs with horses during that cold. For anyone not familiar with the labor required… I was down to my longjohn shirt and steaming as much as the horses were. When I slowed down from chain sawing, felling and limbing, for more than a few minutes the layers had to go back on. Of course it’s all done with heavy equipment today.

At those temps the sea gets “sea smoke”. It’s the warmer, but not warm, sea water steaming in the cold.

9 Likes

[quote=“BrianK, post:18, topic:18274”]
At those temps the sea gets “sea smoke”. It’s the warmer, but not warm, sea water steaming in the cold
[/quote
Looks like this, taken in Machisport several years ago when we lived there

12 Likes

Welcome from the not-frozen state of Texas.

10 Likes