Hello, my name is John and . . . I've been a firearm user for five decades

Found this forum looking for esoteric information regarding AR-15 pistols. I’ve been around firearms for fifty years including 21 years in the U.S. Army. I’ve used a mix of revolvers, pistols, rifles and shotguns over the years. In the military it included machine guns and much, much bigger combined arms stuff. Most recently I built a pair of AR-15 pistols - to do so before the proposed ATF Form 4999 is implemented (if it is implemented given recent SCOTUS decisions). Both have folding lower receivers, also legal.

John

13 Likes

Welcome!

10 Likes

Indeed @MadAnthonyWayne, thank you for your sevice and…

9 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

8 Likes

Welcome from KY

9 Likes

One of the best words ever :hugs:

Welcome!

8 Likes

@MadAnthonyWayne welcome to full30.

9 Likes

Welcome! Yeah, the stuff the military had was the best part of the experience.

10 Likes

all we had was Springfield trapdoors. :rage:

10 Likes

Welcome from the mountains of North Carolina!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

9 Likes

Welcome @MadAnthonyWayne

7 Likes

@MadAnthonyWayne

Welcome to Full30 from Florida! Yeah, there are at least a few of us with over 50 years of firearms experience. Thank you for your service to our great country.

Any favorite guns, or types of guns?

7 Likes

I generally don’t discuss publicly what firearms I have. Suffice it that I have a mix of pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns . . . various centerfire calibers. Most relate directly to what I used and carried as part of the job . . . or duties . . . having been familiar with them for many years. They’re the larger bore and more powerful calibers. No rimfire here; some love them, especially for cost, but they’re not for me.

John

9 Likes

Stick around, we have various private boards that I’m sure you’ll find suitable to share more with when the time is right :wink:

I’d like them a ton more if I could rely on them to feed/eject etc reliably, seems some guns have issues, some ammo does too, then of course the question of is it both :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Huh ours seem to work. Accuracy is the main complaint. Usually fixed by a better unit. Ammo is a mixed bag, some lots are good others are even terrible.

We shoot the heck out of 'em, especially when we’er waiting for CF rifles to cool. Plus they’re great for the g’kids for teaching them basics and safety.

I don’t worry to much about what we shoot or load being out there. We aren’t unusual in our choices, sports or security purposes. Then again we don’t have anything pricey either.

Libtards are gonna libtard, Commies gonna Commie.

7 Likes

You lie ! You were around before match locks!

7 Likes

@MadAnthonyWayne

Thanks for the quick response.

For the record, I did not ask what firearms you have, only what you like. There are lots of firearms that I don’t have, but would really like to have ($$$ too much to spend!). There are also lots of firearms that I like - even a lot, but no longer have (yeah, I have made some mistakes in my buying and selling).

Here’s some of my favorite firearms (which unfortunately, I don’t have currently):

Colt 1911 (pretty much all of them)
Kimber K6S with the DAO and 3 inch barrel
Colt King Cobra with the 3 inch barrel
Colt King Cobra in DAO
Mossberg Shockwave in .410
Henry Axe in .410
S&W 500 “snubnose” (not sure barrel length - probably 3 to 4 inches)
S&W 460 with the 14 inch barrel and tripod
Arsenal AK in 7.62x39
Korth 9 mm revolver
Ruger LCP Max
Browning .380 with 4.25 inch barrel
Glock 26
CZ rifle in .375 H&H
Remington Wingmaster pump shotgun in 20 ga.

and the list goes on and on…

8 Likes

@Robert

How do you know even the private boards are safe from unwelcome eyes? Granted, I have shared some info in the past, but I agree, we should still be cautious. Never want to feed the libtard animals. They have a bad habit of sometimes biting (so to speak). But fortunately, anyone with that many years of experience has probably had some guns over the years worth talking about (and may/may not still have them).

8 Likes

What I do know is that they are not public boards :hugs:

Watch that Snowden movie, you won’t worry about anything being safe afterward

8 Likes