Hello, new guy

welcome to the party

10 Likes

I shoot on my property when I can get out there, or at local indoor range more often. I’m a big milsurp fan, but for the past few years been on a revolver kick, modern and older. One of my favorites is a S&W Model 1905 3rd change in .38 Special. But picking favorites is like picking a favorite kid. I go through phases of interest. Though I am definitely a 1911 fan.

10 Likes

I am a big milsrup fan, and have a lot of toys. Mausers, Arisakas, Enfields…I don’t know all the rules in the forum for linking, but I have an Instagram account which I post my firearms and some unrelated content. But a ton of my stuff is on there, and I am still not done sharing it all. Modern stuff is also of practical interest to me, as well as US military equipment. If the rules allow it, I can share my IG account info, easier than listing everything I have!

10 Likes

11 Likes

For anyone wishing to see a big part of my collection my instagram account is @tx_powers. It is mostly to show my firearms and related things that interest me, some 2A advocacy info sharing and some personal stuff, my dogs and my son, etc…but the majority is my firearms. Much easier than me listing everything here! Scroll down the IG page to see it all!

https://www.instagram.com/tx_powers/

8 Likes

Right on Brother! I too am a mil-surp guy as well I do own a few 1911 and 1905 S&W “M&P” as well. Thank you for sharing! I’m glad to hear that you have property to shoot on too. Real freedom there!

8 Likes

Subbed and nice fs-2000 and galil !!!

5 Likes

Thanks for all the likes! Like I said, my interests go through phases, and I love them all! Subbed as well!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Powers

10 Likes

@Powers welcome to full30.

11 Likes

I can relate

must have today turns to who cares tomorrow :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Sub’d! Cute kid and dog and nice collection. I have a fledgling IG account and milsurp collection (just a Garand and a ‘38 Tula-made Mosin Nagant).

6 Likes

I spent half my life growing up in Puerto Rico…Toa Alta…Surprisingly, I believe their gun laws have become better than a many states now. Next time I go I am going strapped! And we all start somewhere. Luckily my family was always friendly and active in the shooting sports. So I inherited the love and appreciation for so many guns and the sport in general.

8 Likes

BTW, I learned a lot from your videos…from disassembly to finishing. I have no doubt I have watched hours of you content. Thanks for the referral here.

8 Likes

I love about everything, but, if I’m honest milsurps tickle my fuzzy spots. There’s nothing like handling and shooting an antique or military classic. I also enjoy letting others, especially newbies give it a go. The history and aura surrounding these pieces is indescribable.

I just need more monies…

9 Likes

The history, the marks and scars they carry, the engineering , the culture and traditions. I spend hours thinking about it. I am a firearms mega dork…

Sorry for multiple replies, all thumbs today

8 Likes

Same. I literally spent an hour after I bought my first Mosin (a former sniper) closely inspecting every mark and every component.

8 Likes

Same here. I am easily distracted, so I frequently change directions with my hobbies. However, I usually go full circle and come back eventually.

Shooting sports has been the one constant hobby in my life. The intensity has varied, but I’ve never stepped away entirely for any major length of time. I did take a long break from competition, but I still remained active with other gun-related activities. I always seem to have an interest in something.

10 Likes

No way! Que chevere! Thought I was the only Rican on here. I’m actually “Nuyorican” since I was born in upstate NY but lived in Rio Piedras as a kid in the 70’s. My Mom was from Caguas and Dad from Ponce. Even growing up there as a kid I remember how strict the gun laws were back then. Amazing how much the law has changed recently. I wouldn’t be surprised if crime rates go down once the PR residents start arming themselves for protection.

8 Likes

10 Likes