Hello- New Member

John,
The most common one that has been a big hit and performed well has been 6.5 Creedmoor. There is a wide variety of ammunition selection and options!

2 Likes

thanks, ssgsports.

Actually, the 6.5 Creedmoor is the very cartridge that I am most interested in.

I still like the .300 Win Mag, but am hoping to cut down on the recoil as I believe it will matter (at least to me, it will), when it comes to long range shooting, especially when practicing.

Ruger’s American Predator is my first choice for 6.5 CM, for now. I have heard the barrel life will likely be only about 3,000 rounds, so not sure I want to put a lot of money into the rifle itself (at least till I have seen how much shooting of the round that I actually will do). I have heard a couple of good choices for scope are Nikon and Leupold. Will be looking into those once I acquire the rifle.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

The recoil is very manageable on the 6.5cm, and ballistics wise it’s amazing! I would encourage you to look at the Remington 700 SPS Tactical, price point is similar and it has the most to offer if you decide to modify!
Glass wise Nikon has great stuff, Leupold has come out with some great budget friendly scopes as well!

2 Likes

thanks for the info and advice, ssgsports.

I will look into the Rem 700 SPS Tactical.

1 Like