Help me pick a new pistol

Since the wife has taken a liking to my Ruger LC9 i am in the market for another.
I would like to get another 9mm.
I would like it to be small enough to be able to pocket on occasion.
I would also like more than the 8(7/)+1 the ruger holds.
It has been a few years since my last gun show so i really don’t know what is out there and at a decent price.

9 Likes

Taurus g2 or g3 at around $300 to $350.
Springfield hellcat or Sig p365 at around $600.
All good guns just find what feels best and will fit your budget.

10 Likes

Another plug for the HELLCAT.

9 Likes

Any preference on size, budget, brand to avoid, etc…?

9 Likes

I don’t really have a preference. I would like to stay away from “cheaper” weapons like taurus and lesser-known brands.

Something the size of the LC9 or slightly larger , ,but still pocket-able.
I currently own a few Rugers (the 9 and a P-90 .45)
a .32
and a .S&W .380 that drops the mag after 1 or 2 shots. :grimacing:
It looks like pistols went up in price as well. I was hoping to stay under $500 when all is said and done.
The hellcat does interest me!

9 Likes

I carry a S&W Sheild 9mm and occasionally the 380 EZ. They are both good options in a reasonable price range. I am interested in the Sheild 9mm Plus but i can’t justify it to myself. I may get a M&P C though cuz i don’t have a compact full size.

10 Likes

Mossberg makes a 9mm you must check out :+1:

8 Likes

Full disclosure I carry a Sig p365 . I shoot it well and can conceal it even tho I am 5’8"and 150 lbs. And I only have $20 in it .

10 Likes

A S&W sd9ve is a full size 9mm with a 16+1 capacity. It was the first semiautomatic pistol I bought. It has a horrendous DA trigger pull that can be improved somewhat. With that said, it has never refused to fire when I have pulled the trigger. It has digested all different types of crappy ammo without fail. Although it is not my favorite gun to shoot, I would not have a problem carrying it for EDC.

9 Likes

if this is anything like my Combat Elite - you couldn’t go wrong
https://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-sc-shield-optic

9 Likes

I know you wanted bigger capacity but I really like my Kimber micro 9. 7+1 and fits in my front pocket well. For a small size gun it is pleasant to shoot w/manageable recoil.
I also have a Diamondback DB9. I have carried in my pocket for years. It shoots well for me. A lot of people who shoot it get stove pipes because the don’t hold it tight enough.

10 Likes

Our S&W Shield is my low profile CCW
No complaints.
If I was buying one now I’d go for the Shield plus for the extra capacity

9 Likes

Glock g26, g43

10 Likes

Sig p365 or Springfield hellcat :+1:. SCCY is a cheap version if your budget minded. This one gave me the impression of what @ArmedEyeDoc mentioned S&W sd9ve although smaller.

7 Likes

I love my Glock 43…if you get the 43x you can (eventually, someday) get a Shield Arms 15 round mag for it too :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks! I will look into them. I will next check out rental availability at my local range.

7 Likes

I carry one I these

7 Likes

You can get a 33 rns mag also for the glocks iirc, I have one for my 26

8 Likes

I like your way of thinking.

10 Likes

Could put a drum mag in it too, but that gets spend, but fun for the range

7 Likes