Help me pick a new pistol

I carry a S&W Sheild 9mm and occasionally the 380 EZ. They are both good options in a reasonable price range. I am interested in the Sheild 9mm Plus but i can’t justify it to myself. I may get a M&P C though cuz i don’t have a compact full size.

10 Likes

Mossberg makes a 9mm you must check out :+1:

8 Likes

Full disclosure I carry a Sig p365 . I shoot it well and can conceal it even tho I am 5’8"and 150 lbs. And I only have $20 in it .

10 Likes

A S&W sd9ve is a full size 9mm with a 16+1 capacity. It was the first semiautomatic pistol I bought. It has a horrendous DA trigger pull that can be improved somewhat. With that said, it has never refused to fire when I have pulled the trigger. It has digested all different types of crappy ammo without fail. Although it is not my favorite gun to shoot, I would not have a problem carrying it for EDC.

9 Likes

if this is anything like my Combat Elite - you couldn’t go wrong
https://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-sc-shield-optic

9 Likes

I know you wanted bigger capacity but I really like my Kimber micro 9. 7+1 and fits in my front pocket well. For a small size gun it is pleasant to shoot w/manageable recoil.
I also have a Diamondback DB9. I have carried in my pocket for years. It shoots well for me. A lot of people who shoot it get stove pipes because the don’t hold it tight enough.

10 Likes

Our S&W Shield is my low profile CCW
No complaints.
If I was buying one now I’d go for the Shield plus for the extra capacity

9 Likes

Glock g26, g43

10 Likes

Sig p365 or Springfield hellcat :+1:. SCCY is a cheap version if your budget minded. This one gave me the impression of what @ArmedEyeDoc mentioned S&W sd9ve although smaller.

7 Likes

I love my Glock 43…if you get the 43x you can (eventually, someday) get a Shield Arms 15 round mag for it too :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks! I will look into them. I will next check out rental availability at my local range.

7 Likes

I carry one I these

7 Likes

You can get a 33 rns mag also for the glocks iirc, I have one for my 26

8 Likes

I like your way of thinking.

10 Likes

Could put a drum mag in it too, but that gets spend, but fun for the range

7 Likes

My EDC is a S&W 9 Shield (no thumb safety) with MagGuts springs so the “short” magazine holds 9 (plus one in the chamber) and the spare is 10 rounds. That’s all Czar Cuomo allows us in NY…

Feels good in my hand. Points well. Shoots well. I can conceal it pretty easily. Not too expensive.

Figure that if you ever do need to use a pistol in self defense you’ll never see it again. :unamused:

10 Likes

Thanks on the “MagGuts” spring info.

8 Likes

Hey @DontBlameMeIStubbedMyToe my 2 cents… About “Help me pick a new pistol” I’m too new guns and such things to give you advice…but…May direct your attention to an opportunity lets say.

See my post about a giveaway ending Today June 16th for a nice Hellcat with 200rds and a few other goodies in that post. So you got to ask yourself a question… “Do Ya feel lucky punk”? :wink: Sorry no offense it’s a great quote and you need luck for the giveaways.

9 Likes

No worries! I don’t feel lucky, but i tried anyway!
Thanks!

8 Likes

The S&W Model 29 wouldn’t have been my first choice for a EDC, cool factor 1000 but hard to conceal.

5 Likes