HELP STOP the ATF from reclassifying Pistol Braces!

I did leave my first name, as for the rest of it, what can I say I have that tin foil hat for a reason. I mask all my online activity and change my locations daily, who knows tomorrow my IP might be in Germany

8 Likes

Iā€™m one who bought something legal at the time and registration prices me out of the game . Should the new idea become a rule I remove a piece of plastic and it becomes legal again. That is in my opinion why it is a stupid rule.

7 Likes

If I had read your John Hancock part earlier I would have put my full name as it inspired me.

8 Likes

Some of us will have to pay a tax or sell something back to people who never owned it in the first place or become felons, the way I read it. I could be wrong, they write their rules so it can be interpreted any way they want, but a bunch of lawyers that nobody elected and it seems nobody can fire.

5 Likes

You seem to have glossed over the fact I took not only the time to leave a comment but also put in the time to discover they are not accepting comments

the term ā€œCommentā€ is used in place of the more technically accurate term ā€œPublic Submissionā€

I didnā€™t attack your efforts, I checked the link you offered, then the ATFā€™s website, then the guide on comments all in an effort to help as you requested,

So lets examine, you try and help people in your manner, I try in mine, and you offer

ad hominem , nothing about what I posted

and hypocrisy , I was smacked for what I do take seriously, words, etymology, linguistics, and if those are not traits of a hard patriot then please separate me from that classification

butā€¦

Think on whats missing from the ATFā€™s proposal , @Equin hit on some of it very well, then with everything that is missing think why the explicit technically accurate term ā€œPublic Submissionā€ was added.

5 Likes

You have to be careful when responding to these types of situations. Being vulgar doesnā€™t helpā€¦ though being articulate and comprehensive can create a realizationā€¦ because there decisions can effect the authors as well.

5 Likes

Three hots and a cot.

5 Likes

After re-reading it, I now realize this is proposed ā€œguidance,ā€ and not a rule or regulation to be codified in the Code of Federal Regulations. I guess thatā€™s why I was initially confused. My fault for not reading it as carefully as I should have.

Even so, I still find their proposed guidance confusing. And it sounds like it may have the same force of law as a codified regulation, especially if ā€œpossessorsā€ of a pistol brace fall under their ā€œobjectiveā€ factors in the guidance.

With that said, Iā€™m still trying to better understand their proposal and pistol braces in general so that I can provide some meaningful comment for them to hopefully consider. The deadline is January 4 I believe.

6 Likes

Alright, I gave it the best thought I could and left my comment. Itā€™ll be interesting to see what transpires out of all this.

7 Likes

One would think "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED " is all the words needed to be said. But that would require government agencies to honor & uphold the constitution.

7 Likes

Yeah, but the first phrase, ā€œA well-regulatedā€¦,ā€ tends to confuse. Iā€™ve heard arguments interpreting it to allow for a regulated right of arms (donā€™t understand what that means), or that the right shall not be infringed from only those people belonging to a well regulated militia (i.e., State National Guard unit). I donā€™t agree with those interpretations, though.

Thereā€™s also Supreme Court opinions that have said not all rights are absolute. For instance, yelling ā€œFire!ā€ in a crowded theater isnā€™t protected speech, nor is libel or defamation. I suppose with respect to the 2nd Amendment, a felonā€™s right to arms can be infringed, at least while heā€™s serving his sentence and parole. Iā€™m no Constitutional scholar, though.

6 Likes

what Constitution? They have been shredding tat for years

6 Likes

Article 16 from our Maine State Constitution makes it much more clear

Section 16. To keep and bear arms. Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned.

7 Likes

Uncle Tony 101.

Good for you!

6 Likes

Okay, so we all agree our 2a right shouldnā€™t be infringed upon, BUT why are we all WEARING those GD Masks, Reallyā€¦Bumbling Bozo Boob Biden is claiming that the ā€œGun Crisisā€ is a Health issueā€¦never let a crisis go to wasteā€¦

6 Likes

Part 2 is that we should all be Bombarding our Congressional Idiots either R or D with your complaints by any meansā€¦visit their offices, if you can and educate themā€¦

6 Likes

they left out Arms of any kind that a resident may wish to ownā€¦so they can restrict what Arms and partsā€¦

6 Likes

We?

4 Likes

arms is arms

5 Likes

I wear one in the grocery store, not because they say i should. i donā€™t give a rats ass what the government tells me to do. i do it on my own free will cause i donā€™t want that shit again. and if you get it bad as i had it you would too.

4 Likes