HELP!

I’m looking for a Remington 700 BDL short action trigger guard with the trap door. Last month while shooting I had what I believe a cartridge that was either over loaded with powder or a bad case that blew the base half way off and blew the trap door out emptying the magazine and while trying to get it close I broke the tab off for the catch.

I could have one made but that’s 3 months for delivery.

I think I’ll try to counter sink the frame and drill and tap the door and use a machine screw to permanently hold the trap door closed so I can get back to the range.

If any one has one laying around it would surely help.

7 Likes

That sucks. Gorilla tape?

7 Likes

You could use this as an opportunity to add a detachable box magazine, instead.

8 Likes

Midway and brownells have them in stock.

7 Likes

I haven’t found one to work with the bolt release on the bottum or modifying the stock…

8 Likes

They’re out there.I mean you no disrespect, but I won’t recommend one, because I don’t know your skill level in gunsmithing. I also found a number of places that do have the trigger guard and trap door in stock, like what Jtr said.

9 Likes

Try these people.

8 Likes

Plus 1 for Numrichs.

8 Likes

I was hoping that one of our member gunsmiths might have a take off from a stock upgrade laying around. I’m no gunsmith but I can do some parts replacement especially something this simple. This part gets removed when I do a thorough cleaning.

Numrich is a great place for parts but they are out of stock. My local gunsmiths don’t have one available. To have one made is about half the cost of a Oryx stock and 3 months for delivery. The only thing I really need is the trap door, the trigger guard appears to be fine and the gun still shoots good there is no slop between the bolt and receiver

7 Likes

No got.

7 Likes

Good time to upgrade.

7 Likes

80 bucks including mag is pretty good.

7 Likes

I have the Quik Klip version. 1 10 rounder, and 2 4 rounders.
Have never had a problem, and in 3 hours Ill be using it.

Ditched the BDL parts years ago :frowning:

6 Likes

Did it require modifying the stock? This product is currently not available.

What did you do with the old parts?

This rifle has the limited production polished Walnut stock. I don’t want to modify stock and ruin it’s value, and this thing shoots too good to replace the barrel. I’d rather replace the stock but I think it would not look right on an after market stock with the thin barrel.

7 Likes

Have you tried GunBroker?

6 Likes

I will.

5 Likes

not 100% sure if this is what you are looking for

or if this would work

or this for that matter

6 Likes

It is.
A HK 91 converted mag for our 308 Axis was $90 all by itself.

6 Likes

I got her fixed, an hour of work for my local gunsmith at a cost of 50 bucks. He did it exactly like I was going to do it, the only difference is he did it on a milling machine compared to me using a drill press. He even blued the screw.

Now back to the range in August to refine my shot groups a little tighter. I want something possibly unachievable, three rounds one hole at 200 yards. We’ll see.

8 Likes

Yer almost there I’d say.

5 Likes