Here's a scary bit of history... (Article on unit 731)

6 Likes

I read about this before. The atrocities the Japanese committed in unit 731 were on par with Nazi Germany’s Josef Mengele, the “Angel of Death” at Auschwitz.

6 Likes

The article falsely says that the results of the research were lost. In fact, the Japanese officers surrendered the data to the US government in exchange for legal immunity.

The research was largely declassified and is available at the US National Archives site.

5 Likes

Horrifying. Man’s inhumanity to man…

6 Likes

Hitler did refer to the Imperial Japanese as “Yellow Aryans”

5 Likes

Funnily though, when the Jews of the Mir Yeshiva fled Europe and landed in Japan, the lore says the Germans told the Japanese to redirect the boat and sink it. This shocked the Japanese command, so they asked the head of the yeshiva why the Nazis hated the Jews so much. He answered, “Because we aren’t Aryans. We’re an Eastern people.”

So the Japanese gave the Jews amnesty.

5 Likes

I get the impression that the Axis alliance between the Nazis and the Japanese gunta was more an emotional sympathy than a strategic and ideological cooperation. Germany was repressed, Japanese was repressed. Germany wanted to regain lost territory, Japan wanted Korea and Manchuria. The Allies stood in the way of that.

The Japanese military units seemed to operate in competition with each other with little collaboration or knowledge sharing. In a way, though gruesome, is not surprising that highly ambitious and aberrant soldiers clawed their way up the ranks to make names for themselves. As for the dismemberment and live experimentation, it recalls the traditional methods for testing samurai swords: on condemned criminals and their corpses. For the Japanese, the use of foreign prisoners could merely have been expediency.

For the Nazis, eliminating untermenschen was their core ideology.

Either way, it was grisly, and an awful chapter in the history of otherwise proud cultures.

5 Likes

When my rabbi of blessed memory would talk about the Nazis, he put it this way. There once was a land known for the greatest advancements in human knowledge. The best of the best gathered there: in physics, in engineering, in psychology, in music, in philosophy. It was a haven for sophisticated intellectuals, an advanced country, the last place you would suspect atrocities. This was Germany, before the Great War.

Science, pure logic, cannot tell you right from wrong. Reason is easily perverted. We must educate our children to know absolute right from wrong, and that there is a Source for right and wrong whom no human can dispute.

5 Likes

Bill Gates and big pharma are doing the same thing, but no on send them to jail.

3 Likes

Easy fix, no thanks needed.

3 Likes

Like I have always said, animals don’t treat each other as bad as human animals do…

5 Likes

Animals treat each other better than humans…

3 Likes

Yet they committed the same exact carnage on the Chinese , but unlike the Jewish genocide it barely gets any attention. More Japanese supported the Imperials than Germans did the Nazis by a large margin yet the history books paint a different picture.

Still to this day many Germans are uncomfortable having any nationalistic views thanks to Hitler yet the Japanese have little remoarse culturally for thier treatment of the Chinese. Im not saying they should go full retard SJW either but acknowledge the past and make amends through proper education for future generations at least.

There is a sword martial art called Toyama Ryu that was created for the Imperial Japanese Army in the late 19th century , it is famous for its practioners hacking up unarmed civilians for cutting practice.
There was a famous competition they held to see who could kill the most prisoners, which were everyone from babies to elderly folks.

Ive heard there are still Toyama-Ryu prsctioners that brag about these beheadings.

This martial art is pretty dark, heres some more of thier handy work

4 Likes

Chimps do but they are the exception to the rule. They gang rape , murder, torture, etc. , its weird how higher intelligence and opposable thumbs seem to make creatures inherently more evil.

2 Likes

I’ve read 2 books on unit 731. One was from the pint of view from the investigators, who did what and how.

3 Likes

There is a Jewish legend that rather than humans coming from monkeys, monkeys came from humans.

3 Likes

I found a list of apologetic statements by Japanese leaders over the decades. Currently it’s difficult to make apologies to China due to the current situation, but we can’t say that Japan feels no remorse at all.

3 Likes

Thats not a common sentiment culturally and many condone what happened. How many Germans do you hear of condoning the Nazis behavior? Far far less because they acknowledged those acts for what they were and culturally its unacceptable and not in anyway justifiable.

2 Likes

Do you know the name of that legend?

3 Likes

There is no name for the legend. One place, which is what I had in mind, says that some of the builders of the Tower of Babel were punished by being turned into apes and demons.

Another place, which I was unaware of until now, says that the descendants of Cain became monkeys.

5 Likes