Heros

10 Likes

Aka “Snakeshit”. You might recognize him from the movie “We Were Soldiers”. Kept flying ammo into to the trapped soldiers while taking out the wounded. Received the Medal of Honor for it!

You may remember the scene in the movie where he pulled a gun on a fellow officer and pointed it at the officer’s head. Yeah… that didn’t happen. No, that officer pulled Bruce Crandall out of bed while he was sleeping and called his mother some choice words all due to Crandall trying to lead medivac helicopters to get the men out. So Bruce Crandall did reach for his sidearm but didn’t point it at the officer’s head… he pointed it at the officer’s testicles and told him; “If you don’t have the balls to fight the enemy, then you sure as hell shouldn’t have the balls to come looking for me.”

11 Likes

That was a good movie and I didn’t know it was based on actual events.

4 Likes
9 Likes

I didn’t know that either. Good movie, sad though.

5 Likes

RIP Captain Ed Freeman, we salute you sir :salute:

7 Likes

Thanks for that incredible story.
Does anyone really win in any war?

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Yes. We do. All the time. And the more we win the less desire others have to fight us. To that end, let’s keep the fight as unfair as possible too while we’re at it.

7 Likes

Depends on the war. WW2 and the American revolution yes. It’s because of guys like these that our countries formed at all. It’s guys like these that shape our history , whether we choose to remember them is another story.

The only reason we are free from the crown is because brave men went to war. Without it I would be eating crumpets and drinking tea with my pinky sticking out.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Yep.
The rich get richer on the blood of heroes and patriots.
Eisenhower warned us.

3 Likes

That’s a quote for those who don’t study. Too many people hear something and jump on board with it so fast before even studying the history that started said war or what may become of inaction. There are few wars we have Fought that was not worth fighting and mean FEW

2 Likes

A quote for us who do also

3 Likes

Plus all the PAC money washed for bribes.
https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/contrib.php?ind=D

2 Likes

And found this while “studying”.
Surprised me, but then I realized where we are at this point.
Bribe er ah I mean hedge your bets.

3 Likes

In your opinion, which ones were not worth fighting?

Vietnam seemed pretty pointless. I havnt read very deep into it though. The rest are chess matches between politicians, war dosnt seem like a very black and white matter though.

2 Likes

Interesting, Bernie is a real pos. He is the only lib that stands a chance of winning 2020 against Trump too. Kind of scary.I

2 Likes

The ending made it pointless. If we would have been allowed to win that region would be in better shape. However I agree this one is lower on the scale. The Iraq war was also a bit lower on the scale because there was no weapons of mass destruction.

The Iraq was is really quite interesting. The first one was worth it, the second was not so much. The history of American cooperation with Iraq goes back quite a long ways too. But out of all the wars I would say those two would be the two I would disagree with but not exactly 100% in disagreement

2 Likes

With the way our country is turning into a progressive toilet, The revolution will seem pointless before too long.

3 Likes