HEY squibward

So, what happens when a round is fired into a squib?

a friend stopped over, said someone gave him a S&W revolver, had a bullet stuck in the barrel, can get it out he asked, sure.

It was near the end and had a phillips screwdriver mark where it looked like someone tried to drive it back

I took it to work today and spent the day working on it

I didn’t have a camera when I did the work but wish I had

I gave a couple taps, it didn’t budge. I figured drilling out the center was best, so I drilled, and drilled, and drilled some more…

wtf?

two squibs?

seemed like I drilled forever

no, not two squibs

five rounds stuck in the barrel

no, the barrel didn’t explode but yes a slight bulge was visible when you looked close, the weapon had other issues I discovered and I promptly returned it without any photos, but I kept these, as you wouldn’t believe it without seeing

13 Likes

The first four rounds didn’t exit the barrel so he tried a fifth time :thinking: that’s an impressive amount of stupidity displayed right there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

HOLY SHIT! Looks like your friend was lucky not to have blown his face off!

10 Likes

I don’t have any more likes but WOW!

11 Likes

:anguished::poop:

If you haven’t already, you need to have a nice, slow conversation with your friend? I have to assume these were all extremely light hand loads or it would have ended much worse.
Where did he get this ammo?

If it’s factory stuff… that’s a hell of a good barrel.

11 Likes

That’s insane! That reminds me of this article I read a while back: https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/malfunctionf-hi-point/

6 Likes

Get some paracord and make your friend a proper necklace.

8 Likes

Holy Hell! That’s definitely one for the pics or it didn’t happen archive.

9 Likes

My friend was given the revolver, stopped by on his way home and left it with me, someone had tapped a lanyard on the bottom,

serial # go’s on the bottom

took the grips off to verify serial #, none to verify

so, 1970ish revolver, poor bluing, barrel weakened, and taped for lanyard, I told him it needed to be gone, I think he plans a long term salt water bath for it

8 Likes

Damn that guy was lucky! :four_leaf_clover:
I have prevented a second shot after hearing a squib fired on a couple of occasions.

7 Likes

I almost joined that club a while back. Had my XD at the range firing with my muffs on. All of a sudden both my sons were yelling at me to not shoot again. I’m glad they were there. I hadn’t heard the weak round fire. I mean I heard it, but didn’t notice that it was weak. I was able to drive the round out the rest of the way with the cleaning rod from my 1873. Could have been a mess.

6 Likes

Some people should not have guns.

6 Likes

5 Likes

That dude should of won a particular award… :cowboy_hat_face:

Joking of course.

3 Likes