Hi from the UK

consider and remember there that ID and age of majority is required to purchase flatware …

4 Likes

This is why I was wondering if it was an option to not turn it in. If there was record of him owning it.

Crazy. Just crazy.

4 Likes

No it wasn’t an option to keep them all sidearms were made illegal it’s a five year prison sentence for possessing an illegal firearm and yes all firearms that were purchased in the UK were registered to the owner the only exceptions were war trophy’s bought back after the second world war and Korea to a lesser degree. Both my sidearms were my service issues that i purchased after my discharge so there was a detailed official record linking them to me so hiding them wasn’t an option. I’m sure there are some still floating about but you can’t shoot them anywhere even our olympic shooters have to practise abroad as they cannot legally own and possess in the UK.

The biggest joke of the whole thing now is that criminals have constructed their own firearm factories in the UK so law abiding citizens can’t have but criminals not a problem they are even manufacturing automatics and ammunition highlighting why bans are a lazy pr exercise and achieve very little.

7 Likes

you bought your L9? Now that would haved pissed me no end to have had to give up something that the Queen issued me to carry in defense of my country and bought with my own money.

5 Likes

Yeah it gutted me to hand them in if I’m honest i miss the 226 more then the hi power but it’s just a ridiculous situation i was lucky to be able to purchase them a friend who retired a few months after wasn’t given the option.

7 Likes

Don’t answer, I’ll lend a 5th amendment

7 Likes

Welcome from Kentucky

7 Likes

Welcome to full30.

7 Likes

Welcome from Florida. We appreciate your support and Your experience. Some over here refuse to see each new restriction as a domino with an ultimate end game of zero firearms so we are painted as nut jobs for resisting seemingly minor restrictions .

6 Likes

Welcome @UKBrother. Thanks for joining us on the forum!

Sad that you had to surrender your guns. What were they?

6 Likes

A Browning hi power mkiii and a west german sig p226 of the two i do miss the 226 more but the hi power left lasting marks of it’s use lol not the best if you have larger hands. Maybe I’ll get lucky one day and win the lottery then i can emigrate to the U.S and get back into it.

5 Likes

I apologize for the tone of my comment. I did not mean to imply you all rolled over. What I did mean to imply is that there is a rising swell of… shall we say more active forms of protest forming in the grass roots and these moronic sociocommunists are too stupid to even see what is coming down the pike. Pray for us we need it now more than ever.
Again Welcome

DSA/dnc IS the enemy. Want proof, just look at California.

4 Likes

There is a growing movement here in the UK wanting our gun rights back although the rallies are never shown on our joke of a media they still peddle the myth of no guns means we’re safer despite the reality. Our police forces manipulate crime figures trying to play down the increasing number of firearm crimes and even then the figures are rising, nobody is safer because of being disarmed and slowly that is becoming clear to most people.

It’s hard for most Americans to understand how it happened in the UK and i get that you have the 2nd Amendment to rally around and the U.S.A was started by firearms and they have played a large part in the growth of the U.S we didn’t have any of that. To make it a bit easier to understand how we were so easily lied to and betrayed in 1997 the UK population was roughly 52-54 million of that less then 1% were active firearms owners at most we totalled 360-380,000 a very small minority that politicians had no problem screwing over.

I think at that time the U.S population was about 300 million so allowing for the 6 times extra population it would be the equivalent of 2 million active firearms owners in the U.S which Clinton would have steamrolled over in the 90’s. Your strength as much as the other factors i mentioned is the size of the gun owning public in the U.S it can’t be so easily ignored or trampled on which is why the democrats are attacking at the state level where due to moving people around they can get the legislative majority’s as they have in Virginia. If they can flip enough states and get elected as the majority in both congress and senate then they will launch a federal level attack which is not if at this point but when barring something catastrophic happening.

It’s truly heart breaking to see what’s happening across the entire western world our traditional values and societies are being dismantled with nothing of any substance or worth replacing them. I think the battle in western europe is for now over at the political level as all politicians are buying into and serving the progressive agenda but the ordinary public across the board are angry and frustrated and at some point there will be a backlash. You in the U.S are better placed to resist at this point and that’s why the agenda isn’t being pushed in the same way it was here, i can only wish you all the best with this fight and keep you all in my thoughts as it happens.

8 Likes

You are a valuable voice,

Can you write a new thread based on what you’ve already written, describing your firearms confiscation,

the actual moment of surrender was very telling IMO, we have discussions on would police follow orders,

your account sounds like they followed them well,

Your voice and account need to be amplified and highlighted.

6 Likes

Not sure it’s applicable to your situation in the U.S all your law enforcement are routinely armed at that point in the UK they were not special firearms units were attached to each constabulary and the county where the range was was not where i lived it was 50 miles away. The irony was i routinely trained with the armed police unit in my county who were a lot more professional then the unit that attended our range and there was no need for it. The process of handing in sidearms had been peaceful and incident free across the UK, we were angry about what had happened but that wasn’t directed towards the police back then there was still a level of respect for the institution of the police and they were seen as just doing their job very far removed from the attitude most have now towards the UK police.

For the U.S I’d think testimonials from New Orleans gun owner’s would be more relevant as both law enforcement and national guard went door to door confiscating firearms in the aftermath of Katrina the answer to whether they will do it again in the future is clear. While some individuals may not take part in confiscation a sufficient number will follow order’s and confiscate the day’s of the independently thinking military or law enforcement seems to be coming to an end.

5 Likes

I think you’re case is extremely relevant as it shows the initial public line is that they don’t want to confiscate then the day comes and …Surprise! We lied, hand em over. Where as New Orleans can be sort of explained away ( albeit wrongly )under the ruse of emergency and crisis.

5 Likes

@UKBrother
It’s me again. Another question if you don’t mind. Ok. maybe several questions.
So it’s my understanding that all LAW ABIDING citizens have been disarmed, and that not only do criminals still have thier firearms, but also knife crimes increased after that. Now even buying knives (even kitchen knives) has become regulated. Correct? What kinds of personal defense items are allowed over there? Pepper spray? Stun guns? batons? Are there any forms beyond using your fists, that you can rely on to defend yourselves? And what about body armour? Since you are all sitting ducks now, can you even wear body armour?

5 Likes

Greetings from across the pond. Glad to have you here!

6 Likes

Not totally disarmed we can still legally own semi automatic 22lr the kriss defiance is a popular model and bolt action and straight pull full calibre rifles and shotguns are still legal to own though if i remember correctly no semi auto shotguns with a magazine larger then 3 rounds. Given the police here no longer investigate burglary the main weapons people use are baseball and cricket bats i still have a couple of knives from my past that I’d use but despite the talk from government attacking an Intruder is shaky legal grounds your only meant to do it as a last resort and only a level of injury proportionate to the situation. Even the terminology is ambiguous and if i attacked an Intruder I’d expect to be arrested.

Body armour is legal as far as I’m aware but the cost is very prohibitive so it’s not a common item for ordinary people. But yes none of these circumstances apply to criminals they pretty much have a free hand these days burglary, vandalism and trespass are no longer handled by the police if you call them they just give you a crime number for insurance purposes but nothing else. Knives are becoming more restricted and even basic kitchen utility knives are getting harder to get it is pathetic but that’s the UK never address the real problem if you can deflect and blame the inanimate object.

8 Likes

I had to look that up

5 Likes