Sig 516 possible HK 416 clone???

I have always wanted an HK416 the issue here is the cost of one

15 Likes

Great job as usual sir!
Looks like you managed to save yourself about $3k +/- compared to the original…I’d call that a great deal!

10 Likes

Looks good.

10 Likes

Nice, there use to be a company named Titan that made 90% clone uppers but HKs lawyers sent them a cease and desist. The uppers were about 1-1.5k

11 Likes

Looks awesome as usual! Great job!!!

10 Likes

Thank you Brother! It’s all about saving money at the moment.

9 Likes

Thank you!!!

8 Likes

Man I really wish they where still around!

10 Likes

Thank you Brother!!!

8 Likes

love mine. I have a pinned 14" on a Seekins lower.
I have one comment on your video. The volume of the music. I damn near stopped watching because of it.
I have to have the volume up to hear you, then I curse because of the music. Much rather hear the machine running.
But… that is my only, personal, pet peeve. Hahahhaha
Besides that, I do love the Sig.
I did notice on client’s builds that once we went to a 10 inch barrel the gas port needed to be adjusted by a few thousands of an inch. This has become nearly standard on all barrels we cut down now.
Love the build, check out the complete LWRC lowers or the Lewis Machine units. Also the Ascend Armory units are quite nice but you pretty much have to run their uppers. Hahahhaa

10 Likes

It’s down 30% from all previous videos, but thank you. I will turn it down a little more.

That will be no problem to adjust if I need to. Thank you for the information on that @RogueGunnWorks

8 Likes

The gas port sizing did not seem to be an issue until the last 5 years when barrel and fireams manufacturers seem to have been trying to narrow down the abuse the rifles are taking. Where I really first noticed it was on the FN S2000 rifle. Those were a mess…
I believe a “combat” type weapon should successfully cycle any type of ammunition. Some are very picky with under powered loads. Especially if yiu are changing the dwell timing of a rifle by wacking 6 inches of barrel. Just what I have found.
One of the reasons I really liked the Sig 516 was they had the adverse condition setting. Something that I first saw on the FN FNC
Loved that setting.
Now? Yeah… lucky to have a suppressed setting that actually works!
Talked to Seekins a while back and asked them why they have not made a gas block that would work for the 300 blackout from sub to hyper sonic. Their reason was because some idiot would put it on a 556 gun! Hahahhahaha
:thinking:
No doubt…

10 Likes

Ok I finally got this to the range and it is going to need the gas port modified. So the port in the barrel is .062” the three ports in the gas adjustment settings are full open .062”, medium is .047”, and the low setting is .040”. Logic would dictate that when I increase the diameter of the port in the barrel that in turn I will also have to up the port sizes in the gas valve. What size worked for you and did you also modify the gas valve?

7 Likes

Do not modify the gas port!

4 Likes

It us a barrel issue only. Gas port was engineered to be correct…
If your barrel was 16, and you whacked 4 inches off the end of the barrel, most likely you will need to go to .087 gas port. But let me check my chart in the shop. Not 100% on that.

5 Likes

I just woke up… what did you cut your barrel too? So I have it in writing.
Also… how far is it from the end of the barrel. I need coffee…

7 Likes

Originally it was a 14.5” upper. The barrel is currently at 10.5” and The port is exactly 2.800” from center of port to the end of the muzzle. The current port in the barrel is .062”. The current port sizes in the valve are .062”, .042”, and .040”.[quote=“RogueGunnWorks, post:14, topic:15272, full:true”]
Do not modify the gas port!
[/quote]

No worries I’m patient. My guess is in the neighborhood of .080” to .085”.

7 Likes

I had to think about how they system works.
I would increase the barrle port and the main gas block port to .078 or what ever that number size drill is. Fire to see if it holds the bolt open on the last round of a known good mag.
Keep in creasing till you get it to work. I am assuming you will be in the .089 range…

4 Likes

once you have it working, increase the barrel gas port hole .002 more than the actual gas block.
Increase the gas port block smaller ports the same % as the first. So your second port maybe .065 for instance and your suppressed port would maybe be .0052

5 Likes

if I knew where my rifle was… I could measure. Hahahahahha

6 Likes