HK VP 40 / 357 SIG review and range time

There are a lot of people that say that you should only have a few different types of calibers for your firearms. The issues we see these days (August of 2020) with that logic is that when there is a run on ammo and you can’t find the few calibers that you’ve chosen; you find that keeping up on live fire training gets not only hard to do but expensive as well.
Enter the odd ball cartridges. Now that 40 S&W, 357 SIG, and 32 ACP have lost popularity with the masses, One may notice that those calibers are the only ones still on the shelf.
It is my humble advice that if you have the means to puck up a firearm that was originally intended for 40 S&W . That way you cam buy a 9mm, and 357 SIG barrel and cover a few more bases and still be able to find ammunition and to still have the option to train live fire.
admittedly it has been a long time since I shot one of my 357 SIG pistols, so when I bought this one the recoil honestly surprised me a bit, but after knocking the rust off it was hard not to smile after every round of shooting it.
With this philosophy in mind I hope you enjoy taking a close look the the HK VP 40 with the 357 Sig barrel conversion.

11 Likes

I signed up to the video site again just to like your video :+1:

I love the VP series of pistols and you make a good point about ammo availability. I see pretty much everything but 9mm 5.56,7.62x39mm, and 12 ga still available to a certain extent.

9 Likes

:joy: I didn’t know that you weren’t on the video side. Thank you for signing back up and liking the video. I really do appreciate the support.

10 Likes

Funny as it may seem 357SIG was the only thing on the shelf for all intents and purposes.

10 Likes

Wow that sucks. I see plenty .40 SW and .45 acp here.

10 Likes

I was a bit surprised at first , I didnt realise this was an add (the skip add feature pops up halfway through), I was thinking switchpod has gone crazy putting bikini girls in his videos when Mrs. Switchpod is a member here also…then the add icon popped up and it made sense

Screenshot_20200829-135049(1)

10 Likes

:joy: yeah I bet that raises a flag or two.

10 Likes

Good work with this one @switchpod. The 357sig is a hot round that one has to wonder why it is not more popular. Price and availability was always a down side (ironically) for the ammo.

9 Likes

Yeah good point. It’s one heck of a round. I wish more people ran it.

8 Likes

Very cool :sunglasses: VP .40 captain :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you very much @SAK

5 Likes