Holy Grail... We all have them.

HOLY GRAILS
Figured everyone has the story of the one or two guns that either got away or we always sought, yet stayed out of reach. I think these stories tell a lot.

Mine are simple:
1: The PKM I got off a cache in Afghanistan.image
Not actual Pictures of it just representative.

I carried it under my bunk and in the back of my truck for 13 of my 18 months in theatre. Some back room guys with shaved heads and beards tricked it out for me- made it a ghetto side folder using a piano hinge, also they “acquired” me a third barrel which they head spaced and shortened. The other two barrels were crazy long and had an Elmer Fud blunderbuss esque muzzle device (not sure what that was about). image I had three full size belts in tuna cans (standard) and one pieced together cloth “nutsack” with a shortened belt (54 rounds). That thing was awesome, it was by my side any time a could hump it with me. It also was on frequent loan to guard, reserve, or contractors were in our convoy because sometimes all they had was a m249 for the turret. image

When it came time to leave country, it was leaving a friend behind. At one point I was at the Motor Pools connex with it broken down looking at the piles of random parts. I figured I could just seal it away and put her back together on the other side of the pond. I talked myself out of that. Now every time I find sardine cans of 7.62x54r ammo for super cheap, I think :thinking: “What if”

10 Likes

A lot of s*** found its way back here as lamps Etc, so I hear…

5 Likes

My precious…
The ATF keeps us apart until June… Why does the ATF keep my precious away!!
WE MUST HAVE IT… WE MUST HAVE OUR PRECIOUS!

6 Likes

Wow!

3 Likes

Is it full auto? i’d like to have a semi version. well ok a FA one would be nice too.

4 Likes

Back in the 80’s I could have bought two Maramount M-60’s for 5 grand. I didn’t have the extra money for them. makes me ill now to see the price of one.

5 Likes

Its the semi auto, I ordered it in November and the ATF keeps stalling them.
3.3k tied up in a weapon that i cant shoot :frowning:

5 Likes

well that sucks, what’s NFA about it.barrel length?

4 Likes

I’ve never seen this before, what is it?

4 Likes
6 Likes

Holy shit. Ok now I want. Haha.

4 Likes

My grail would be the Ma Duece. I shot one a few years ago and wow, just wow. I have it’s little brother.

6 Likes

My holy grail is owned by my father-in-law.
WWI 1911 mfg in 1913. Even though it is a family heirloom for my wife I learned to shoot with it so it holds sentimental value to me too.

9 Likes

No the people who sold the design to Sol Invictus accused them of making it easily convertible to full auto. So they have to wait on the guys from Virginia to come to Florida to look at it. Evidentially couldn’t just get the local guys stamp and be done with it.
So now EVERYONE who bought one is on hold until they get the all clear.

3 Likes

:fist_right: :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

My grail as well…Ma Deuce.
It’ll never be, but I can dream…

5 Likes

I imagine the price for one is unreal now. I know the M-60’s were going for 75 grand. Colt M-16’s were 25 to 27 grand. I can’t even imagine paying that much for a gun.

4 Likes